Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 6 August 2005
This is the no 1 holiday read!! I took this book with me to Spain to read on the beach and pass the time, I got so engrossed with Bella and her predicament that I was in serious danger of sunburn! I found myself caught up in the lives of the characters in this book, exasperted with Stevie, hurting for the lovely Laura and annoyed wtih the pompous Amelie. I cared who Bella ended up with! This is my first book by Adele Parks and I found the book amusing, witty and loved the style of the author, so much so that I have now ordered all her other books.
on 17 April 2012
I am a huge Adele Parks fan & yet this book took her talent to a whole new level for me. I became immersed in the journey which this book took me on, I related to the characters in such a way I had never experienced before. i laughed out loud, I bit my lip when they were nervous, I sobbed (not just cried) but proper sobbed. I highly recommend any of Adele Parks books but this book, if no other, is the one that stands the strongest for me... so far. :)
on 18 August 2005
One of those books you just can not put down, I read this within 3 days and I'm not usually one for reading books, more of a wait for the film sort of person but since I've read this book I want to read all her others. Also loved the style of writing she used, much different then anything I've read before, especially as the last book I read was 'Being Jordan'! haha
on 4 July 2005
I have read a couple of her other books as a typical 'holiday read' and I thought I would read this as I found the others really good and I wasn't disappointed. I felt that the characters were very realistic and I felt that I could really engage myself in the storyline. There are a lot of funny moments in the story and the humour is used in a very witty context. I read the whole book in two days (and that's with a full time job!) and I have recommended it to my friends. Even if you have never read any of Adele Parks books before - it's a savvy romance with a comic value. Excellent.
on 11 July 2005
Delightful book that has both the romantic as well as a funny side to it. Extremely enjoyable. I also recommend Fire In The Ice as well as Good In Bed as well. I have read them both. Excellent.
on 30 July 2013
Another gripping adele novel which has you from page one, this woman has talent! Has you from page one, adele parks knows how to touch on every woman's daily relationship dilemma from do I fess up to is he cheating
Such believable characters, best book still thinking of you but every other one of her books snap at its heels. Brilliant author
on 19 September 2005
Delightful, filled with electricity and amusement, you can not go wrong with this great book.
on 22 September 2014
Disappointing and daft storyline which tells an overlong story about bigamy and duplicitous behaviour . I am not sure why I finished it. Might work as a sleep aid.
on 27 June 2005
I love Adele's books - Game Over being my all time fave, which I read start to finish by the swimming pool in 3 days, just a few years ago.
But Husbands definitely tops my list for best summer read of 2005, and Best Adele Parks novel. The tension was so tangible in the narrative that I could almost climb in and touch it!
As for the men in the story (and in her other books) - can we have some please? They are walking sex gods with very real emotional responses! Where does this woman get her inspiration, I ask?
Buy it now - one for you and one for your "bezzie mate".
on 15 July 2015
I do love Adele Parks books. I did enjoy this book, the style it's written in gives you everyone's views. I thought from the initial few pages that Amelie would be more of a character but she wasn't - shame.
I was just waiting and waiting for the secret to be out... it was pretty late in the book then the rest seemed rushed to end the book.
I did enjoy the book and will continue to read more of her books.