Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 31 March 2013
What more is there needed to say - another winner from Jackie! Highly recommeded. Great read and you won't want to put it down till you finish!
on 2 July 2016
ok read
on 2 October 2012
Billionaire Aleksandr Kasianenko wishes to celebrate his girlfriend Bianca's birthday in style. Along with five other well known diverse couples they embark on a luxury trip aboard a yacht. However this holiday of a lifetime which starts out like a dream, turns out to be somewhat of a nightmare.
What I love about all the novels Jackie Collins has written is that you know you are in for a few hours of pure escapism, this one being no exception.
An interesting storyline reeling you in from the first page, a thoroughly entertaining read.
on 10 August 2013
I bought this book for my holiday and if you like Jackie Collins you won't be disappointed. It has all the usual components of her style of writing. You can't wait to read on so you can find out how the cliffhanger chapters conclude. It's an easy read to pick up and put down whilst sunbathing and swimming. I would recommend to any Jackie Collins fans.
on 6 August 2014
Thank goodness I only tried a sample of this book as I had never read any of Jackie Collins books before. What utter tripe!!!! Will delete this as soon as possible. I will just stick with Peter James and all the other quality crime writers.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 October 2012
Another best-seller in the making. Sheer adventure. The ingredients are Jackie's signatures of success whether a fan or not? Russian billionaire and influential Aleksandr Kasianenko takes his yacht on her maiden voyage with girlfriend, Bianca, a successful beauty in the world of modelling for a birthday treat. His other companions on the trip are famous and provide the author with the ideal mix for mystery, mayhem, mischief and melodrama. Five powerful couples, a senator, footballer, writer, movie star, and singer and their partners. The inevitable happens. Fame, fortune and stardom sink in an intrigue of their true selves as the yacht carries their secrets forward. No spoilers but they all need to look over their shoulders. The dominant partners develop with the plot but being Jackie Collins, keep an eye on the beguiling and street-wise females. If you admire Jackie Collins, this is right in your channel. The author has produced another excellent novel.
Jackie Collins is my favourite author. I can still remember the first time I read Chances, it then became my favourite book of all time, replacing The Godfather and it hasn't changed since. Every time I read Chances it is like I am reading it for the first time, and unfortunately the book is that good that Jackie has not beat it and probably never will. However The Power Trip was one hell of a read and I loved every minute of it.

I love Lucky Santangelo and every time Jackie announces a new book I hope it will be about her, so I admit to being a bit disappointed when I first read the synopsis for this book. I didn't feel excited at all and to be honest it sounded boring, but how wrong was I? Authors like Jackie, who have been around for years usually end up churning out the same old rubbish, but this book was fantastic and certainly wasn't a rehash of her previous work. Jackie loves to write, she doesn't need the money so she writes for the enjoyment that she knows she gives to her readers old and new.

I was a bit apprehensive at first about the amount of characters introduced all at once. I like things simple but actually it wasn't difficult at all to follow the characters and remember who was who. Jackie has created a fabulous cast of characters here and as with most of her books you can have fun trying to work out which real life people the characters are based on. Near enough every character was likeable despite the fact they were mostly all self centered rich egomaniacs. The story flowed really well and jumped from character to character and the ending could have been plucked from a film. I loved the setting of the luxurious yacht as well, it certainly made a change from the usual boring LA setting.

Overall I would say this is one of the best books I read in 2012 and unlike other authors that have been around a long time Jackie shows no signs of losing her touch, as I said earlier no book she writes will ever beat Chances but I hope she continues to write books and one day returns to Lucky Santangelo, who remains and will always remain one of my favourite fictional characters. The only negative thing I could say about this is the bits Jackie included about Angelina Jolie, I know Jackie is a fan and has even mentioned her playing Lucky Santangelo (no, no, no, no and again NO) but I can't bear the woman.
on 25 November 2013
Interesting story but would be much better without the gutter language, which is totally unnecessary. There are plenty of beautiful words in the English language.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2012
There is only one Jackie :)
After reading the Prologue I was just twitching to have a pick at the end of the book to see who was this about, but didn't do it :) Thanks God. Because reading the book further and further I had two people who just played soooo much on my nerves and I could bet it was one of them. And I was right:) Anyway, a typical Jackie book. A lot of people, a lot of adventures, a lot of tension rising to the climax, but here it was a real tension, the pace was just brilliant, the happenings perfect and I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what's going to happen. I loved the characters, I hated the characters, you just can't stay neutral to any of them. And one of those that I hated most was Ashley, I'm sorry, she was a no - go, always unhappy, always snotty, treating the poor Taye like a money - machine. and speaking about Taye, well, well, well :)
So in short, much better book than her last one, and to be honest, I didn't figure that the action will end like this. I have expected something totally different and got something other, and it was a super idea, what with the yacht and this what happened at the end of the book.
Waiting already for the next book:)
on 12 May 2014
The title of this book alone is enticing enough to warrant a purchase--the book can be summed up in one line: "The Power Trip is about a bunch of mostly rich people travelling on a luxury yacht."

Well, it was certainly easy enough to guess who some of the characters were partly based on, or "inspired by" in terms of real-life counterparts. The character development was superb and the story line was also really interesting--the end was a bit of a surprise to me *won't reveal too much in case of spoilers*. The end seemed a bit rushed...but on hindsight, I guess I would not call the end thoroughly unrealistic.

This book was like a high-quality celebrity gossip magazine, in the form of a novel. Far from being trashily forgettable, what I really like about Ms. Collins' writing is her unique style of maintaining an intense focus on relationship and sexual dynamics--the way she does it certainly does not cheapen the story in any way (in fact, the opposite), which is why I am a great admirer and fan of her writing career and contemporary stories.