Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 15 March 2012
Another CD from this man has failed to disappoint me. 16 tracks, 13 of which were self-penned, and all performed with great style and where needed, sensitivity.

"Just Getting By" is an uptempo pacey country flavoured song, with a neat guitar break.

"That`s What Love Can Do" is not the old Joe Brown tune of many years ago, but a slow paced gentle ballad with a string and piano accompaniment.

"Everything Has A Price" another fast past country song with good guitar work.

"Goodbye My Friend" is another ballad, a strong piano influence this time and not written by Charlie.

"I Must Be An Eskimo" a hand-clapping almost sing-along mid-paced song with a strong accordian influence. Bit of an Irish flavour in my mind.

"Something Close To Love" a slow ballad, story in song, reminded me of "Saints".

"Looking For A Destination" is a faster paced stronger ballad with an almost self-analytical view, maybe about the younger Charlie.

"Sunset Man" a slow tempo ballad with a somewhat observational lyric.

"The Lion`s Share" is almost a gentle rocker, with a bit of rousing gospel on the side.

"Let It Rain" a standard-type ballad with a clarinet influence. Aled Jones remarked recently that it was a bit Randy Newmanesque. Maybe a vehicle for Michael Buble (although he could not do it as well as our Charlie).

"Serves Me Right" has a fast paced guitar intro which leads nicely into a similarly uptempo song.

"Angel Of Mercy" a gentle slow-paced country ballad that Charlie does so well.

"All He Ever Saw Was You" slightly faster with a piano and fiddle influence. Not written by Charlie.

"Yesterday Just Passed My Way Again" a Merle Haggard type of country ballad. Superb steel guitar work from Dave Rowland. Again not written by our man. This has been recorded by Phil Everly, albeit many years ago.

"The Way Back Home" a country influenced ballad, gently paced with an accordian break.

"There`s Nothing Time Can Do" a string accompanied ballad, sung from the heart.

16 tracks, wonderful lyrics, sung beautifully in my humble opinion. I am very pleased with this CD, you will be too.
on 30 January 2013
my wife and I have met Charlie and his wife Thelma many times and seen him in concert about 14 times now , he never fails too deliver,either live or on cd,Charlie is a lovely man , who sings with such ease and feeling.He hasn't made any bad cd's in my opinion.My fav on here are something close to love,looking for a destination and angel of mercy.This isn't my fav album of his,that is MOVIN'ON,and to me the best quality recorded one is STILL CAN'T SAY GOODBYE [this one was recorded in America].I like Charlie singing his own songs more then cover versions,apart from some songs on STILL CAN'T SAY GOODBYE and also SPEED OF THE SOUND OF LONELINESS.If you get the chance to see him live please do so,he's FANTASTIC and seems to be on constant tour.
on 3 June 2012
If you like his style and song writing Charlie's albums are never a disappointment. This is an excellent collection of songs slightly spoiled by being over produced. There are also too many up beat songs. Perhaps Charlie should learn from Bob Dylan and let his voice age with time without trying to cover it by choosing the wrong tempo and backing. Now could be a good time to make an accoustic album.
on 23 June 2014
Charlie you never fail to amaze me with your beautiful writing and renditions of your Songs.
Once again this CD contains some Gems *Something close to love * Yesterday just passed my way.
Good Luck for the future if you keep producing CDs like this you will never fail.
on 18 March 2012
As big charlie fan for many years I must be honest
And say I was a bit dissapointed. With this. Destination
CD. In my opinion there are only about 4 quality strong
Tracks on it. These being. Goodbye my friend. That's what love can do. There's nothing time can do and. Yesterday just passed my way again. Most of the other
Tracks were to be honest a bit poor. Another thing I note
Is that same accordian sound is getting in my opinion
To be overused on charlies cds. Always be a charlie fan
But just know he can do better than this and will I'm sure
on 17 April 2012
Yet another great album from the true gentleman, Charlie Landsborough. The cd contains a wide selection of music from country, country rock, and Charlie's unequalled heartfelt ballads. This album is thoroughly recommended. Better still, for a magical, humbling evening - see Charlie live in concert.
on 17 April 2014
Charlie's voice is so easy on my mind. It soothes away the troubles of the day! He speaks of gentleness direct to the soul!
on 10 February 2013
This new CD has joined my wife's ever-growing collection of Charlie's works, and she is certainly not disappointed with it. As with most of his work it is very easy listening and relaxing.
on 20 January 2013
This album is the usual Charlie standard,its pleasant to listen to in the car or relaxing at home when enjoying a coffee or a glass of wine accompanied with cheese and biscuits.
on 24 January 2013
Satisfactory service. Quick dispatch thankyou. This cd is another Charlie great, unique, comical and tranquil I recommend this cd. Charlie is a great singer soft touching tunes and that tranquil voice via singing.