Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£9.53+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 May 2015
This was a great series and so glad I've now got this on DVD. Toby Stephens and Lucy Punch complement each other perfectly and the stories are enjoyable and humorous.
on 17 May 2015
Great Series!
on 29 March 2012
At Last! I've been waiting for this to come out since I watched this on TV! Quite an original concept being a comedy crime drama, something that has not often been done before, aside from The Detectives and Operation Good Guys(maybe). I feel Vexed is the best one out of the three. The characters are among the strongest element in this programme, the crime solving duo have a great chemistry that brings the comedy to a higher level! The only down side is the small amount of episodes being only three, but each one is an hour long. Good news is that a second series is out this year in 2012, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that! Great British comedy at it's best once again, worth owning on DVD!

If your interested, you can see clips of this programme on YouTube to see if it's your thing!
33 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2012
I absolutely adored this show when it was on; I can't believe that it was 'axed' after three episodes due to the production company folding. Vexed wasn't the word for it - I fumed, cried and railed at the unfairness of the programme's untimely demise.

Toby Stephens and Lucy Punch are the quintessential 'dream team', working together to solve crimes with the most unbelievable luck and masses of friction. There are side stories to keep the view entertained, such as Kate's failing marriage, in which she spars with her chauvenistic and dismissive husband (brilliantly played by Rory Kinnear) to ridiculous - and humourous - end.

'Vexed' has everything a great show should have; wit, humour, darkness and a tremendous plot delivered at a cracking pace. I'm so sorry that Lucy Punch won't be in the latest production (now picked up by another company), I believe it's Miranda Raison. She may be excellent as the female sidekick, but that remains to be seen. I personally don't think Lucy Punch can be bettered. The casting for series one was truly genius, the roles totally believable and the results seemingly effortless.

I'm so thrilled that this fantastic show has been picked up again; there's nothing like it on tv now nor has there been since. No wonder I watch so many dvds...

Hooray!!! I've placed my order for the compete series one right now. I hope series two doesn't disappoint - and is screened very soon. I'll be waiting...
55 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2017
Agree with all the other reviews , I loved this when it was on TV and wished they had continued.
So glad at long last it's out on DVD.
Wish there were more.
on 21 July 2012
Couldn't believe it when I saw VEXED was being released on DVD. I had been looking for it periodically after seeing 2 of the episodes on a visit to the UK. Really pleased they are doing a second series but, as mentioned in another customer review, I am really sorry that Lucy Punch will not be in it as there was real on-screen chemistry between her and Toby Stephens.
on 28 April 2013
Toby Stephens as crazy cop jack is a joy to behold. The stories are so clever and every cast member plays a creditable if slightly whacky character. Great addition to our collection of cop stuff. DVD was sharp; excellent production values. Swift appearance of the package in tip top condition. Many thanks
on 10 August 2015
There are many cringe worthy moments in the first episode which made me not want to see anymore. Toby S's character is awful, or is it his acting......can't make my mind up. Terrible script. A rare BBC flop.
on 14 April 2013
Love Toby Stephens and Vexed suits him down to the ground a great show with alot of laughs. Adefinite must have.
on 18 August 2012
I really enjoyed this show-the main reason being for once,it wasn't just the man who got all the funny lines.Lucy Punch was just as entertaining as Toby Stephens.
Sadly,Lucy isn't in the new series,and her replacement Miranda Raison has been relegated to 'straight man' for all Toby's comedy routines.Shame,as this seems to happen in so many series where you have a male/female detective duo.