Thrive Cat 100% Chicken Treats MaxiTube - 200g
Flavour Name: Chicken|Size: MaxiTube|Change

on 22 August 2017
I have an extremely picky cat. She won't eat anything but the most posh of food - and the same with treats. These are literally the only treats she gets excited over, or will even eat! And the price here on amazon is the best I've seen anywhere. It's usually about £19 online, and even more in store. But it's selling for £16 on amazon at the time of this review.

The tub has an easy peel freshness seal, and a plastic top to keep the chicken fresh after opening. It's freeze dried in bite-sized pieces - perfect for an occasional treat. There's really nothing but chicken in it and I can't understand why she loves it so much, but it's like a drug to her. She's super addicted. I'm quite happy to give these to her, though, as I know exactly what's in it.

If you are sparing with the treats, this will last a few months. I only give her treats when she does tricks (yes, cats can be taught!), so they do last more than a month most of the time. As they're freeze dried (and have a freshness seal), they don't really go off either.
on 5 April 2017
My Ragdoll and Turkish Angora kittens have been crazy about them ever since we introduced these treats! As soon as they hear the tin, they come sprinting. They much prefer thrive over other cat treats they have tried, such as dreamies, whiskas or felix. It's also good to know that this is 100% tuna with no additives or fillers, which most popular treats have. My kittens have only tried the tuna variety but I hope to let them try some other varieties soon. My only complaint would be the price (they are £19.99 for me). While this is a lot of money to spend on cat treats, the pleasure my kitties get out of them is worth it for me ;)
on 30 November 2016
Arrived early, both cats absolutely adore this. They have tried to chew through the top of several tins plus they try daily to open the cupboard door where I store the Thrive. They both have a serious addiction! I love seeing them so happy to eat. It is expensive but totally worth it.
on 9 May 2017
even if cheaper on amazon than in shops this is still expensive for what it is: 25g dried food. i think at that price they should at least be organic.

one cat loves all flavours and even licks up the dust left over at bottom of each tube. if he hears the 'pop' sound of container opening and comes running through the house.

the other cat doesn't like any of these flavours.
on 16 May 2015
Our cat Smokey loves this & gets through 3 tubs in 2 months!
But he's rather annoyed that there's so much powder in with the chunks - last time the contents were 25% powder!
Also the small tubes are often only 2/3 full!
It's not cheap, even when bought in bulk like this, and when he emails the manufacturer to tell them about his grievances, they reply in a formulaic way without actually replying, if you see what Smokey means!
So he wants owners of other Thrive-loving cats to be aware of this flaw to the product.
ON THE PLUS SIDE, AMAZON ALWAYS DELIVERS IT VERY QUICKLY!
on 17 October 2014
I wanted to replace Dreamies with something that wasn't full of weird ingredients and potentially addictive substances so I tried these. The Liver flavour is even more popular than the Dreamies were, and the other flavours soon get snapped up too. We just have to shake the tube and both cats come running.
on 17 January 2017
We have been giving these to our two cats and both are crazy about it!!! Our male cat has pancreatitis and this is the only treat which won't damage his pancreas even more! It's also a great way to get them in the house for bed time! We shake the box outside and they both come running in for treats!
on 10 July 2017
I have two cats both came as strays - I think they found out I was cat free after many years and many cats, they both like these treats - they come across as chicken flavoured marshmallow.
Caught one cat trying to open the tube with his claws - now have to keep them out of sight.
on 6 October 2017
My maine coon goes wild for these. And healthier than other treat items available. Would prob buy the multi pack of smaller tubes even though slightly more expensive as by the time you get an inch or so away from the bottom if the tin it's all dust! So quite wasteful.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 June 2017
I've turned my cat into an addict! These low cal treats are his favourite. What I like about them are that they contain no additives so I know exactly what I' m giving him. On the expensive side, but a tub lasts just under a month, the delight they give my cat - priceless (lol)