on 22 July 2012
KAVAJ leather case cover "London" for the new Apple iPad (3rd generation) iPad 3 cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature including stylusThis is a really excellent product. Made from good quality leather and a good fit. It conveniently turns into a table stand to angle the iPad for hands free viewing, particularly useful if watching a film or reading a book. The superb exterior finish is complemented by a soft suede internal finish to further cosset your iPad! The neat internal pockets are also handy, as are the three credit card slits. All in all one of the best leather cases you can buy and very good value for money.KAVAJ leather case cover "Berlin" for the new Apple iPad (3rd generation) iPad 3 cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature
on 23 April 2012
When I opened the packaging I thought this does not look as though is worth 50 quid, however I have changed my mind, it's great.
The leather is so soft and comfortable to hold, it has all the usual cut outs for adjusting the Ipad. I definitely would recommend buying this cover.
on 12 October 2012
Well what can I say other than it arrived well within the specified time, was well packaged, the cover looks and feels well made and my
iPad fit securely in it, the pen / stylus works well no problems with that except it would be nice to no about the replacement ink cartridge if and where it can be purchased, the only down side as such is the price but I suppose with all those positives it's only a minor problem, would recommend this product.
on 14 April 2012
Just received (12/04/2012) my KAVAJ leather case for my iPad3 and it is a superb product in every respect - just like the iPad3 itself.

1. It is a high quality product made from real leather

2. The cutouts are perfectly positioned for the iPad3 - unlike the SNUGG product which I foolishly purchased initially

3. The cover on the case turns the iPad3 screen off just like the Apple cover

4. The case fastening allows the iPad3 to stand up in the same way as the Apple cover does

5. It is a case as opposed to just a cover so the back is protected as well

6. The pen/stylus is handy as are the inbuilt compartments for notes.

7. Against all this, it is expensive and costs approximately twice what the SNUGG product costs. You pay your money and you take your choice as the saying goes.

I've just bought 2 more iPad3's for other family members and I've also ordered 2 more of these KAVAJ cases to go with them. I reckon that spending so much on the iPad3's, the extra cost of high quality cases is justified.
on 12 April 2012
I bought the case for my iPad as I was looking for a smart case to protect both my screen and provide a prop. I wasn't to impressed with apples own offering and wanted something a little more robust. Looked at a number of options and what struck me about the KAVAJ London was the addition of a touch sensitive stylus/pen.

Now I have received my case I am so impressed by both the service and quality. The leather is a lovely soft leather which feels really good to the touch. The styling is very smart. I particularly like the way they used the closure mechanism to double up as clip for prop.

The iPad fits very snugly within the case and because the leather is soft and not to thick it does not add to much bulk around the edge when using.

I am able to access all the ports and buttons with ease. It took a little wiggling to get power button possitioned. At first I thought there was a problem with the case as the iPad turned on when I opened the case up, but then I realised this was a feature of the iPad. Just shows the level of thought apple put in to their design work.

I would definitely look for KAVAJ cases in future after my experience with this case.
on 15 September 2012
Cannot fault this product. It fits the iPad like a glove, with all the apertures for the ports, camera  etc lining up perfectly. It is very well made and finished. It makes the iPad look and feel just that bit more special. The stylus works very well with Wacom's Bamboo Paper app and the pen part writes beautifully. A very neat, complete package which arrived well before the estimated date given by Amazon.
Kavaj was the only company to have taken the time and trouble to telephone me to ask if I was happy with the purchase, any problems etc. I really appreciate that kind of customer care.
I can thoroughly recommend Kavaj to other prospective purchasers, and I shall certainly be buying their products again in the future.

Sent from my iPad
on 11 April 2012
Just bought this and I'm very happy. I wanted something good quality and I got it: the case is very soft so it doesn't rub uncomfortably against your wrist as some of the cheap leather cases do. It looks good too.

It's very lightweight and slim, the cutouts all fit correctly and they have remembered to leave room at the other end of the screen as well as the home button end so you can move apps through screens without sliding a finger under the case edge. The volume and power buttons are covered but you click them through the case, this works just fine.

It has several useful features, the most unusual being a free black gel pen which is a stylus at the other end. I've tested it and both the pen and stylus work well. Very useful to have this neatly attached to the case. The case has a built in smart cover which is also working well, three card slots and a pocket behind them so you can keep a bit of paper if you need to. The front cover folds into a low stand which is at a good angle for both video and typing (I'm using it now).

The iPad is kept in place by a sliding it into place and then tucking a long Velcro strip behind it (along the inner spine of the case). This is much neater and easier than it sounds.

Really recommend this case for looks, feel and function.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2012
Superb fit, extremely well made (stitching around side is firm meaning I can flip it closed very quickly). The colour is perfect for my white iPad wish I could have lime green like my Melkoo iPhone cover. The inside has a lovely real swede (I rub it a lot when thinking) I've no doubt this is made to last a life time. I certainly love to recommend this to anyone purchasing an iPad cover. Go for luxury it's worth it believe me.
on 13 April 2012
Great case and happy with my purchase.

It is a very nice snug fit for the new iPad. No movement at all in the case and all the holes/button areas line up nicely. The leather isn't bulky and stiff and fits round the iPad.

Stylus/Pen is an added bonus.

It's shipped from Amazon Germany (Kavaj is owned by some Amazon execs) and it only took a few extra days for delivery. Clearly German high quality is evident in the workmanship.

As I said, I'm very happy with it.
on 25 March 2013
well made, fits securely, looks great, added advantage of pockets for business cards and documents, and also a pen which both writes normallly as well as working on iPad screen. Great case - thoroughly recommend it

See one answered question