Customer reviews

The Money Store [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on 24 April 2017
All of my friends were telling me to listen to Death Grips and I finally went for it. God damn, this is good, can honestly say i've never heard anything like this, definitely going to be investing in more of their albums, if you like hip-hop that's been pushed up about 20 notches, this is definitely for you!
on 10 December 2015
#NOIDED
on 23 September 2016
Probably the best birthday present I've ever given.
on 28 December 2012
Everything they tried to do here, they succeeded. Great beats, lyrics, samples, drumming, rapping.
And I'm not even an hip hop fan. This is so unique, everybody can like it.
on 2 September 2016
Great
on 26 June 2016
Amazing album !!!
on 7 April 2015
Saw footage, stayed noided.
on 30 October 2012
Only thing I have to say is that this will not be topped in 2012
Never heard anything like it.
on 22 June 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... well, i can honestly say i have never heard anything quite like this before. I have heard records that have hinted at such an uncompromising aural attack, flirted at the concept but never anything with this much conviction. Back in the day i liked a lot of death metal, Morbid Angel,Deicide and such like. My musical tastes have gravitated towards more rap stuff these days BUT, and heres my point,stick with me, 'The Money Store' after several listens now reminds me a lot of Napalm Deaths debut 'Scum'. Not musicaly of course but in terms of attitude, shape and form.
Its addictive, its unique, its also sometimes to much to handle. You have to be in the mood for this record because it absolutely does not take any prisoners, your neighbours will hate it.
How to descibe 'The Money Store' musicaly? Rapping/shouting/chanting over dense beats/noises/alarms/explosions, a digital, hellish black mass led by a lunatic shaman who moonlights as a serial killer. I feel im not doing this justice here...
If your reading reviews about this record then you must have more than a passing interest in the subject. What does it cost? a tenner? Buy it and experience it.
on 6 September 2012
I don't usually listen to Hip hop and can't remember why I chose this album but I put it on my hifi and closed my eyes and let it flow over me and try to absorb all the noise. I really liked it. There's so much going on and the sounds shift alot. Can't understand most of what is being sung/shouted but it doesn't bother me. A few tracks in the 2nd half are not good IMO but most are likeable and I do give this a bit of play time. Favourites: Get Got, BlackJack, Hustle bones, Ive seen footage, B*** Please, Hacker, really 4.1/5 but as others haven't rated it highly i'll give it 5.