on 17 May 2012
It seems these days that in order to sell a pair of headphones you need to stick a musician's name on the product in order to get it on the shelves; more detail is put into the name than the actual product. Gaga, Dr Dre etc. certainly have some lovely looking headphones, but are they actually worth the extortionate retail price? (that was rhetorical!)

I initially purchased a pair the ZX300's and was very pleased with the quality, both in terms of audio and appearance; so naturally I picked up the ZX600 model with high expectations - i was not disappointed.

The ZX600's have a premium quality build and style and are incredibly comfortable; fitting like a glove with their adjustable over-head headband with a variety of colours to suit your taste. The flattened cables are an awesome touch since they never get tangled when sitting in my bag unlike previous headphones I've purchased.

Right, the sound; ultimately that's what we want out of our headphones right? Imagine a £300 pair of audio beats for £60 but with just as good quality and ACTUAL noise reduction. Here they are! I can happily play music on my Iphone at full volume on the tube and not have a single person batter an eyelid. Ironically i was playing some Dr DRE on my ZX600's yesterday.
The crisp mid-tones and the punchy bass it produces is spot on for what is essentially an "out and about" model and is ideal for any genre of music.

So, my summary? Sleek, stylish, comfortable, great sound and affordable. Well done Sony!
11 Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2017
Have owned these particular headphones for a number of years but they started to wear out, so purchased this pair to replace my old ones. Works brilliantly and sounds great. My previous pair lasted me well over 5 years so they were worth the price.
on 7 March 2013
I bought a pair of Sony ZX600 after reading the excellent Amazon reviews. I have been using Sennheiser PMX60s with my iPod and have been quite satisfied. I present a music show on our local community radio, for which have a pair of Sony Z700s. The ZX600s almost match the Z700s which are too large for iPod mobile listening. The ZX600s produce an excellent balanced sound from the iPod, rendering all frequencies without the equalizer. If you like the top end, then you can select "treble boost". You can also try the "jazz" or "piano" setting which you may prefer. With the PMX60s I have to give them a boost with the EQ set for "R&B", but they are still not up to the performance of the Sony 'phones. Summing up, the MDRZX600s are excellent headphones and are definitely to be recommended for listening to digital music. My only niggle is that the cable goes into both earpieces, and it would be nice if this went into only one side like my other 'phones, but this doesn't affect the sound. You don't need to look for anything better.
on 31 July 2013
After reading reviews of headphones i came across this pair. At the time i was looking at buying Dre Beats and read that these where just as good if not better. For the price i though it would be best to buy it and try them before splashing out on an expensive pair of headphones.

After a year of usage they are still working and give out great sound quality. Would definitely buy them again and recommend these.

They look very stylish and are comfy, although after hours of use by this i mean 5hrs it starts to make the top of my head sore. i dont think this is down to the product but down to over use.
on 6 September 2017
Sound is okay for the price. What I don't like about it is how easy the layer starts to crack and peel off.
on 1 May 2013
I wanted middle of the road headphones for casual use without paying top dollar. These turned out to be quite a good buy.I have a pair of expensive Sony headphones which I use with my Bose system but the mdrzx600b headphones are a good buy for my I-phone. Very comfortable, good fitting and best of all a decent solid sound. Even if they only last 12 months with the amount I use them I will be quite happy.
on 7 June 2017
Good quality
on 8 December 2015
Brilliant headphones, the wires are thin and don't get tangled. Excellent sound quality!
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 July 2012
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the first pair of over-ear headphones I have owned and by
all accounts I am converted. The Sony MDR-ZX600 set is a classy
piece of kit. They are well-constructed and stylish, surprisingly
comfortable and deliver exceptionally good sonic quality for their
price. I've put them through their paces both on my home system
(an old-but-trusty Grundig assemblage - remember Grundig?!) and my
iPod and have been delighted with their management of a wide range of
musical genres. The sound is full and warm and particularly impressive
in the bass department. What has pleased me most, however, is that my
fellow train passengers have not had to put up the kind of highly
irritating "leakage" which spills out of every orifice of many other
inferior models, both in-and-over-ear, currently blighting tubes and
buses and waiting rooms and just about every other communal space
across the globe. The music stays in your ears only - where it belongs!

The basic black and aluminium retro design is aesthetically pleasing and
the ear-pieces swivel to fold flat for tidy transportation; a nice touch.

Far more expensive and higher spec products exist but I am very happy with these.

Highly Recommended.
on 2 May 2012
With the purchase of these headphones I have now reached headphone heaven.

I have my Beats Studio headphones for when I'm getting zonal on Logic, my iphone headphones for when I want to use my phone hands free and finally I have the Sony MDRZX600s for when I want to do ANYTHING.

I spend 40 minutes a day walking to and from work which has meant that I had to find a lightweight and durable pair of headphones that doesn't compromise on quality or break the bank. At £50 these are the deal of the century. They are massively comfortable (like socks for ears) and the quality and clarity of sound that comes out of these bad boys is creeping into the realms of my Beats studios. Whether you're into Englebert Humperdink, Elbow or Eminem you will not be disappointed with how beautiful they sound. And don't be afraid to whack the volume right up, there isn't a pinch of distortion when they are at maximum volume.

The added bonus is that you don't look like an extra from the Starship Enterprise when you wear them.

BUY. THESE. HEADPHONES.
22 Comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse