1,519
Colour: White|Change

on 26 April 2017
I really rate these headphones. I work as a DJ and picked these up to be my spare set as they were compact and easy to carry in my bag. In truth they aren't designed for the environments that I've taken them into. I used these to DJ in a 1000+ capacity club and unfortunately they just weren't clear enough and didn't offer the same level of sound insulation that I require in a state of the art club with the speakers turned up to full on a capacity night. If you're a big main room club DJ these probably wont do the job for you. However they are 100% perfectly good for nearly everything else I've tried to use them for.

They worked seamlessly whilst DJing in a house style lounge event. Totally fine whilst practicing at home and often I will pick these up over my RHA T20's or my Beats Pro's as they are so comfortable. These came on holiday with me and are my Go-to out and about headphones! (BEATS ARE SO HEAVY)

All in all the Beats are my choice in a crowded club. For nearly everything else though - the Sony for the money are exceptional!
on 11 September 2013
These Sony headphones are quality constructed, they feel luxurious to the touch, with a thick silky smooth rubber headband and solid heavy duty fittings that even though are lightweight, they immediately give you the confidence that these headphones are going to perform and last a long time. The cord is flat with an angled gold plated plug, but the cord is very short. Because the lead is so short I do consider these phones to be 'DJ style' for people on the go and best suited for MP3 players and phones, if you do intend to use these for DJing you're going to need an extension lead, because without one there ain't much room for maneuver.

The sound is superb. As soon as I started listening to songs I could tell instantly they have much more drive and control than cheaper phones. All instruments sound exactly how they should be, cymbals sound rich and the bass thumps and grinds, but with no distortion. Everything is panned to the correct position and the pitching hits the natural level with wide scoping in between. With these phones the separation is so good I can hear instruments being played like I've never heard them before, I can even hear instruments I didn't even know were in the mix.

If you're used to settling for cheaper headphones and now looking to spend a little more on a better pair, then I would recommend these. For on the go, they feel great, look great and they sound sensational.

*Update: I've had these headphones for nearly four years now, and they are still in one piece and still sound great*
on 7 May 2017
Cannot recommend these enough, I bought my first pair in 2013, used pretty much daily since and not very kindly on some days. The old pair still work, the jacks a teeny but temperamental, all the coating on the ear pieces is off, and they are pretty loose (read :comfortable lol!). Sound quality is the same as the first listen, except maybe sound cancellation due to then becoming loose. Tbh I could have looked after them better and I would say they would be perfect still if I had. I will buy these as long as I can. Love everything about them, they look cool, not too showy, sound great both on high an flow levels, the flat cord is long and not too long. 5 stats yo. Boom.
on 3 April 2017
Owned for a couple of years now and still going. I've bought "nicer" ones, and sure, they are a step above in sound quality, but these still take them on toe to toe with:

- way, waaaay better price
- really, pretty good sound quality
- it's comfortable enough
- durable, been dropped million times, just like new
- no hassle of messing around with Bluetooth
- great for sport - these are quite rugged

Cons:
- not top top spec, but you really dont notice when on the go
- no sound isolation, which is great when on the go, eg cycling or running
- they can slide off your head during sharp accelerations / decelerations / changes of direction, but the rugged construction handles it, and the wire keeps the headphones tied to you, so they survive
... Erm...

Yea so I still use these, the others are for "civilised" listening eg on the tube or at home, while these are for more "active" listening.

Pound for pound these are great
on 21 February 2016
Amazing sound. Well worth the money. Great for the home or indoors. My only issue is that one they are not wireless and two there is a very loud whistling noise when worn outside on windy days. May just be me and my strange ears but bear this in mind if you intend to wear them outside. Other than that a wonderful piece of kit.

Update: added a wireless receiver and these are even better.

Update: 11/05/16
Just ordered a second pair. My daughter uses the original pair I had with her Yamaha digital piano. She love them and it means she can turn up the volume to actually hear the higher notes and keep out the background noise. Best of all there appears to be a price drop of about £15. Bargain!
review image
on 3 March 2017
I bought these as a replacement for my Sony MDR XD200's. They cost £43 and I'm really disappointed. The cable is very short but the worst thing about them is the sound. Just awful, muddy, fuzzy and unbalanced. I thought products were supposed to improve over time? If I could get another pair of MDR XD200's then I would in a heartbeat. Apart from that though, I've now lost trust in Sony and will be looking elsewhere for a new headphones experience.
on 11 May 2017
These are great. I bought them so I could listen to music or watch Netflix on my iPad without disturbing everyone around me - everything sounds good through them and they're comfy for a good 3-4 hours of use. I bought a hard shell case for them which keeps them dust free and protects them.

The cable is also really good as it's a flat cable so doesn't tangle - could maybe do with being a touch longer I guess, but fine for what I use it for.
on 21 April 2014
WHY BUY DR DRE "BEATS" for £60.00 less you can buy these sexy headphones that sound better in my opinion, YES I do have a good job with money coming in, I have had BEATS they are just CRAP not only in sound wise, they broke on me....

These are GREAT, nice tone of sound and base too, good quality headphones for such a cheap price

cool looking too, BUY THEM

10/10 FROM ME

5 *****
on 5 March 2017
VERY VERY GOOD SOUND FOR THE MONEY - - Little uncomfortable on the ears
on 17 May 2017
One of the best headphones I had. Very reliable - I have them for 2 years - daily use - they still works and looks as new. This is what I used to call in old days Sony bestspoke quality. So sad that have so few quality products these days. However highly recommended.