on 27 June 2017
This is the first set of 8 books in the Dark Season; I was unsure at first what it was going to be like and wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it, but I must admit I was hooked right up to the end. At times I was a bit confused as to where some of the characters fitted in to the storyline and perhaps if their presence needed to be explained to the reader...because I am still a little unsure of how they all link to both Patrick and Sophie. The ending of the final book was really annoying as after all that you go through with Sophie and following her up and down relationship with Patrick, we still don't really know anything about this prophecy or about their child and the role she plays in the future. I understand the main aim is to keep the reader hooked and wanting go read the next instalment but it would have been good to have a little more information as I really do feel Sophies frustrations!
On a side note, there are a fair few spelling and grammar errors through all the books but this is no major issue.
All in all, It was difficult for me to put the books down so I would recommend this season and in will be reading on to find out what happens next.
on 5 May 2016
Whilst the story was reasonably good, Sophie ruined it for me in so many ways. No personality, no sense, stupid to the point of insanity and whilst being unable to control her anger her language skills made me wonder if maybe she was really a fish wife or a yob! I bought series 2 & 3 but won't bother reading them! I thought I might fare better with "Ghosts" but found that Sophie has become a ghost and just changed her name to Beth! Exactly the same sort of character and the same seems to apply to the new tenant of Beth's old home! Please, let your females BE female with a modicum of softness we females like to think we might possess!!! Less unnecessary foul language, less anger and more personality!
on 12 September 2017
I read this box set and although it was an easy read and I couldn't put it down it lacked something? I didn't feel it was a "wow! must read" story when I finished
on 12 January 2016
Second book I have read by Amy Cross and as the first one what a cracking read. Will definitely be getting the others in this series.
on 1 November 2013
I travel a lot and make a point of only reading free, entertaining books, sometimes, they are entertaining, other time they send me to sleep. so good either way. but with this series of books, I actually invested and bought the trilogy, I dont read vmpire books but really wanted to see where the characters were going. Well put together.
on 1 May 2014
It is so rare to find a brilliant new take on the vampire genre and this is it. Amy Cross yet again delivers a brilliant, very well written and totally addictive series. Roll on the second series.
on 26 December 2014
When I downloaded these to did not realize
I Was getting the full first series. Kept me reading. If you liked blood you'll looks this series
on 18 September 2013
Well, the story line itself wasn't bad, but it was hastily written and used unnecessary language. If this Sophie was alive she would be a disapproved of woman.
One person found this helpful
on 3 August 2014
Really enjoyed this book, easy to follow the plot and had me gripped from start to finish. So looking forward to the next Series. Thank you Amy Cross!
on 23 August 2012
I didn't enjoy the way the book was written at first. Found it annoying but got used to it. Another really for teenagers but ok. Another different look at the supernatural worlds.