on 23 June 2013
I'm using this for a research project to look at the increase in mass of rubber immersed in oil, so I'm using it in a very demanding way. It works well giving repeatable results that I can use. To get the last bit of accuracy, you do need to let it sit, switched on, for a few minutes (this is also stated in the instructions). You must also realise that weighing anything this light is not that easy - put the scales on a solid surface, shut its lid and have some patience - but that is true for any sort of mg balance.

For the money, it is excellent. For use in most applications, it is very good. I'm using it in a demanding application where it is good. Don't use it for any sort of trade, but other than that, it's great.

For anyone who is interested, my trail weight is 219 mg. This has given readings between 218 mg and 220 mg over a period of ~3 weeks. Before it has warmed up properly, this weight can be shown as 217 - 222 mg.
7 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 July 2013
I bought these scales, with 20g capacity by 1mg resolution, as a bit of a novelty, for the occasional measurement of small items. I did not expect much of them, but was really surprised how stable and accurate they are.

They also arrived much sooner than expected, 4 days from Germany.

They are much more stable than other similar 200g digital scales, with 10mg resolution, that I recently bought.

For what these cost they are a real bargain. They also came with a 10g check weight, tweezers, a tight fitting "leatherette" pouch and in a fairly robust cardboard storage box.

The removable weighing pan is quite small, only about 33mm diameter, but anything weighing less than 20g is not likely to be very big.

To get professional scales with this resolution, albeit with 100g capacity, you might well have to pay about £200.

They will obviously not stand much abuse, but with sensible use they should be fine.

I can now retire my old mechanical "White Torsion Balance", with its 1g capacity by 2mg resolution.
on 26 July 2014
I think these are the Gemini-20 rebranded. The Gemini-20 gets constant good reviews and is rated to measure surprisingly accurately from about 0.005 up. From about 0.010 it get more accurate. From my experience, I had to weigh at around 0.005 - 0.015 and did the job perfectly.

Don't lose the tray, as it is a pain to get replaced. Not many things fit with the tiny surface. Also try and not get any powders in the cracks.
on 6 April 2013
It's nice to be able to play with a 1mg scale which only costs £13.

I was slightly surprised that the brief manual that came with it seemed to be for a different model. It described a calibration procedure, but this did not work.

However, it works for my purposes. I am not expecting extremely good absolute accuracy for this price (especially with no calibration), but the last digit seems to be meaningful in relative terms, in that it varies when there is a 1mg change in weight.
on 22 May 2015
still working after more than a year of use. I tested the reference mass that comes with it at work on a certified balance. It's good.
on 22 August 2013
One of the few that will measure to 0.001 of a gram, needed for weighing pellets accurately.
It is very accurate, for the money you can't go wrong.
Excellent speedy delivery, would recommend this scale.
on 15 June 2014
Works very well for weighing small quantities of legal substances. Was mis-calibrated upon arrival (by 1%) but this is easily fixed as described in the Engrish instruction booklet. Excellent range of accessories.
on 14 March 2013
Despite the fact that this is a scale for jewelry, I use it to weigh drugs to treat my birds.
Scale is very small in size and casing is plastic. It is easy to operate and you get stunning 0.001g! which is very rare in this price range.
on 10 April 2014
Really nice looking,easy to use and very accurate,have used it an awful lot and have had no problems with it,good value for the money
on 26 January 2013
I bought this to weigh gems and it's extremely accurate . The scales come complete with check weights and tweezers .
2 people found this helpful