on 23 August 2012
Fear not people this card has no fan, just a heatsink.
I have a Silenco case by Coolermaster which has sound proofing foam surrounding it. It's known as being a hot case, yet this graphics card only reaches around 65oC on full load after hours of play.On idle in my hot case it sits around 40oC which is also extremely acceptable.
It's also summer i'm on the 3rd floor and it's regularly 25oC outside and on some days 30oC outside (+5 at least for inside room temperature)

Stunning cooling.

Performance?
Very respectable.
Bare in mind I ALWAYS use 1080p as a resolution.
FSX runs in high settings
Tribes Assend runs on full details settings and is extremely smooth to play.
Sleeping Dogs nearly made my eyes pop out when I had the settings on full and it was still going far above 30fps. Possibly even 60fps at some points.
Mirrors Edge, full settings No problem what so ever.

Brilliant card.

If you crossfire 2 then you end up with something faster than a Geforce 560 Ti
review image
on 23 March 2014
My youngest got into Minecraft big time and although the graphics are crude, our vintage Nividia Geforce could only handle the game action with a reduced frame rate etc. This card appealed because I am on a mission to silence our family server. I had some doubts about its G3D benchmark when compared to the fan-cooled R9, say. I did not really know how much power Minecraft required. However, there is another beauty to this card: my mobo features two PCIe slots and this card can be crossfired. Given the price point, I can actually buy two of these for less than the price of one R9. The R9 would still be faster than the two, but not by much. And instead of two whirring turbines, I'd still be completely silent...

I am glad to report that the second purchase can wait. Turns out, a single HD7750 can easily handle Minecraft (at full frame rate and 1080p) without so much as breaking into a sweat. And with the Geforce finally gone, hard drive access is now noisier than the remaining fans. I am very happy indeed (and so is, of course, my son).

Hint for Viewsonic owners (may also apply to other monitors): If you hook up this card via the bundled HDMI lead, make positively certain that your monitor switches to "HDMI PC". Mine switched to "HDMI AV" and the result was blurry rendering of text which no amount of scaling in CCC would cure. (Hours of head-scratching...)

EDIT 7/12/2014: Card's just died. Never used heavily (though running 24/7). Never very hot. Hm... What might be the warranty terms?
on 15 February 2013
I received my Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate earlier today and have just finished putting it through its paces with 3DMark. It's definitely a very respectable card, performance wise, particularly considering the passive cooling.

A number of online reviews unfairly compare this card to the 6700 series cards, which are not passively cooled and have considerably higher power requirements. Actually it is the successor to Sapphire's earlier HD 6670 Ultimate, which like this card did not require a high power PSU or dedicated power connection, and used to retail for around the same price. Compared with this card, the HD 7750 Ultimate not only outperforms its predecessor by a nice margin (as much as 50% in some games) it somehow also manages to draw less power AND run cooler than the 6670. If you need passively cooled graphics, and this card will fit in your system (it might be a little high for some HTPC cases), I'd recommend it.

One thing to note if (like me) you're upgrading from a 6670 is that the HDMI audio now uses AMD's high definition audio driver rather than the one from Realtek.
on 19 March 2013
Bought this to replace the GeForce GTS 240 in my Dell Studio XPS 8000. Very pleased indeed. Fits perfectly. No problem that it occupies the height of two bays. Unlike my old card, it requires no internal wiring, as it draws all its power through the PCI-E slot. The recommended PSU wattage is 400+, but it seems generally agreed by the technical community on the Internet that 300W is sufficient (although not less), so I'm not anticipating problems with my 350W PSU.

Absolutely silent, unlike the GTS 240 whose internal fan becomes unpleasantly noisy even under the stress of a game like AoE3.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 November 2013
Provided you're not planning on playing the latest games with all the bells and whistles then this is a decent solution, and not a bad choice for a HTPC that will be doing light gaming.

Now the actual pros and cons of using for an HTPC build are that it's a very low power GPU, being one of the few that can be powered entirely by the PCIe bus, requiring no additional power cable. On the down side it's wider that a fan-cooled GPU would be because of the relatively large passive heatsink, but length is usually more of a problem these days when picking a case that won't look out of place near your telly. This GPU will fit fine in one of the popular Sugo cases, for instance or most other cases that can accomodate a double wide card - but obviously, do your research.

I don't have any bench-marking but I was able to play Batman Arkham City at acceptable frame rates at 720p - just don't expect 60fps and full AA.

Ultimately you're going to buy this card for two fairly specific reasons - the passive cooling which makes it ultra-quiet, and the fact that it is entirely PCIe bus powered and one of the lowest wattage GPUs available that will let you play relatively modern games. With that in mind it was perfect for what I wanted it for, and it could well be perfect for you.
on 26 May 2014
...Still a little rare in the UK so be prepared for a slightly longer wait
as mine had to come from Italy...but well worth that wait!

...Excellent performance for what is classed as a mid-range card,
runs Colin McRay Dirt perfectly with all settings set to maximum,
easy install, compatible with crossfire boards and runs very cool
due to an excellent heat sink design...I have four applications open
right now and just checked temperature - 36 degrees...

...If a silent card is what you're after there is this and the GT640
to choose from...this is better...the GT640 is a great card with a
fan but doesn't perform as well with passive cooling...

wooddragon45
on 18 January 2013
Bought this card on the strength of the reviews and have not been disappointed. It does however get very warm and can generate a lot of heat inside your desktop case. So, beware. I had to purchase a 'Silent fan' for my case mounted just above this device in order to remove the heat. Fan was mounted in the usual back of the case position and does the job well. If you have a good quality case with plenty of ventilation you won't need a fan. That was my intention, no fans equals zero noise. My case is old so I had to have one.
The result: Great quality pictures on my Panasonic VT 42inch plasma and you can't hear the fan whilst the tv or home cinema is on. Highly recommended.
on 3 November 2012
This card is ideal for my situation - I have a desktop I put together a few years ago and still functions very well - but the old card has died. I wanted a higher powered replacement.
I use it for photos, videos and light gaming - what I would consider to be normal use - not cutting edge gaming. It seems to cope well with whatever I throw at it.
It fitted easily into my case - of course, it needs two slots.
It doesn't need any additional power supply.
I think it is fair to say your case needs good ventilation - this has a large heat-sink but will rely on a through-flow of air - so while the card maybe fan-free and silent, your PC case will not be..
on 18 May 2014
Prompt delivery, well packed. Plugged it in and it did not work. Ubuntu 13.10
Plan B. Download Ubuntu 14.04. Success.
Brilliant.
It is sensibly faster than the old card, Geforce GT440. The which I had not really expected.
No noise. Serious heat pipe and fins. Quality kit.
Usual disclaimer.
John.
on 22 April 2014
Superb quality video card - you do need to check that you have the space for it as it is a "double-wide" card. Using it to power a 30" 2560 x 1600 resolution monitor. Definitely recommend.