Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

This new compilation comprises 50 tracks and has a running time close on 2 and a half hours. The sound quality is very good indeed and the illustrated packaging looks classy. Liner notes are by regular Michael Heatley and although there are dozens of collections that bring together the best of Crosby this one has plenty of appeal. This is really a Bing and friends type compilation including as it does duets with Louis Armstrong; Grace Kelly; Peggy Lee; Connie Boswell; Dick Haymes; Al Jolson; Bob Hope; the Andrews Sisters; the Jesters and son Gary. Many familiar songs are here. The recordings date from 1939 to 1956. The slim line packaging used for all these One Day Music releases makes for space saving storage. Good value too.
on 31 July 2014
The presentation, sleeve notes, and choice of playlist is excellent. It is, for me, the quality of the tracks that is an issue. There are better and I've heard better, and I have better on cd. The old saying that you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear comes to mind. The quality of remastering depends highly on the quality of the original and if that ain't so good, well......
There have been a lot of duds churned out since Bing's demise in 1977 and I'm afraid this to me is another one. Fortunately there are only 6 or so tracks I was after and only half of them were of a reasonable quality.
I could never give Bing less than a three star rating, but in future I shall avoid the "One Day Music" label.
on 25 August 2012
I bought this for an 80yr old woman living in a residential caring home, and she loves it. The production quality is great and the amount of tunes on the album means you have all the greats and more.
on 10 June 2013
I bought this for an aunt who was in the Wrens during WW11. It brought back a few memories for her and she's well pleased. The sound is a bit tinny for my tastes but as long as she's happy. so am I. I would not recommend.
on 22 July 2013
Lovely chill out CD with soft sounds n the unmistakable voice of Bing. Well worth getting to add to any collection for those times u just need something soft.
on 25 August 2012
This cd took me back years. Loved the journey! Would recommend it to anyone that wants to listen to the sound of Bing.
on 14 October 2013
I and friends enjoyed this disc and the memories it evoked - very popular and you could hear every word in contrast to present day pop. We will enjoy again and again
on 21 December 2015
This Cd is crap, the main song White Christmas is distorted I would like a replacemaent they can have this one back thank you
Regards
Alfred Sibbons
on 23 June 2013
a classic collection of old film and seasonal songs for a calming reminisence of other times right from childhood days
on 9 December 2013
Was not sure what to expect from such old fanshioned music but far better than I thought, incluing the mix of music.