on 30 May 2017
First the negatives. The build quality seems pretty cheap. Fake plastic chrome and if you touch the cord its like when you where a kid and tied 2 tin cans together with string to make a telephone - you can hear the scraping noise in the left can.
But the sound quality is very good for the price. These were originally around £140 I believe so if you can get them for £40 its worth it. Solid bass without being overpowering or muddy, good mid range and refined highs. Overall a nice balanced sound.
on 1 February 2014
Fab headphones, great sound, great quality!

Feels like surround sound when wearing them. Highly recommend you to buy. They certainly look the part too. The item comes with a protective soft zipped leather pouch which is great for storing them in your bag or around the house etc.

They feel lightweight on your head, but no lightweight as in they are flimsy or anything. They are quite sturdy and I can see these lasting a while. The foam padding on my ears is comfortable and I haven't found any discomfort as yet with long term usage which is a huge plus.

Get what you pay for!
on 21 March 2017
These headphones have good quality music and are really comfortable, I can wear them for hours without any pain or even knowing they are there. Only reason for 4 star is the noise cancelling is quite bad, you can hear small noises outside the headphones e.g. cars
on 6 April 2013
I purchased these headphones after buying a pair of beats solo hd which were faulty I am so pleased with the aviators the sound is really good and the base is just right I listen to rock and metal and it sounds great the headphones are built solid and the case is nice to if your thinking of buying these then do it compared to beats these are so much better and a lot cheaper
on 12 December 2014
I'm not an audiophile but I know this. The sound from my laptop is a 4. With these plugged in it's a 10. They are very comfortable and at this price a guaranteed bargain.
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I saw that this headphone had been developed in consultation with Jay-Z, I wasn't optimistic about its sound quality - Skullcandy seem to be like Beats, producing headphones with dubious celebrity tie-ins and an inflated price tag. But I decided to give them a try with an open mind - I'm glad I did.

First impressions are good - the packaging is lavish, and the headphones come packed in a leather-look bag with a polishing cloth. The build quality of the phones is adequate rather than great - the overall feel is solid enough, but a bit lightweight in places, and there is a lot of flashy looking chrome trim that I suspect will wear badly. The earpads, while comfortable enough, are imitation leather rather than the real thing, so I suspect sustained listening might get a bit sweaty - that said, I had no problems in my listening sessions.

They are comfortable to wear - not too much pressure on the side of the head, and not too heavy. The cord is detachable - useful if you damage it - and includes a microphone and controls for Apple devices. So - the important bit - how do they sound?

In a nutshell - surprisingly good. The overall sound balance is excellent - there is decent, solid bass, but it doesn't overpower everything else, and the treble is vivid and detailed, but still smooth enough not to be tiring to listen to. In my first listening session, I tried a selection of high bit-rate AAC tracks on an iPod classic, and they never produced anything less than a pleasant, involving sound - from orchestral soundtrack music to progressive rock, they coped well with it all, and had me eagerly trying different tracks to hear how they would sound.

I then compared them against two competing lightweight headphones, being driven by an iPod nano - the Bose over the ear phones, which are slightly cheaper at around £100, and B&W's luxurious P5 at a substantially more expensive £250. The Skullcandys were easily better than the Bose - a much more natural sound, with stronger bass and a less glaring treble. The comparison with the B&Ws was less black and white - both sounded good, but the B&Ws did do a better job of making individual instruments discernible. That said, given the difference in price, you'd hope they would be better - that the Skullcandys largely hold their own against the much more expensive B&Ws is praise indeed.

These headphones aren't cheap, and the build quality does feel perhaps a bit flimsier than I would like for the price, but they are a genuinely good sounding headphone that will make the most of your iPod or iPhone. Recommended.
on 11 December 2012
I love the look of these headphones extremely stylish. I had tried quite a few different makes all at a similar price, these in my opinion were not only the best looking but also easily the best sounding.
I have used these constantly over the last couple of months and they continue to delight in every way. I listen to a wide variety of music and these headphones always bring out the best, finding detail in tracks I had never heard before, sound is crisp without being to bright never overpowering even on the most bass heavy tracks.

In conclusion a product that oozes style and quality, I cannot fault these in any way highly recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 October 2012
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Skullcandy Aviator 2.0 headphones have a good sound quality. They are light and comfortable to wear, even for extended periods.

I've tried them with various styles of music and on a few devices and always found them very pleasant to listen to, with a good sound quality and tone. The ear pads are comfortable and do a reasonable job of sound proofing.

The headphones look good and seem well made, although they look a little delicate -- robust enough for the home or office, but I'm not sure they would stand up to travel. I wish the cord was slightly longer, so I could more easily use these with non-portable devices. Also, the cord has a mic control unit that feels a bit cheap and is prone to snag against clothing -- through the ear cups you can hear it rubbing, though this is not a major problem. Overall these are stylish headphones that sound good.
on 10 November 2012
I firstly wanted to say how much effort I put into finding the perfect pair of headphones for what I need - these definitely weren't some impulse buy, I read every single review for almost every pair of headphones on amazon, and then more on youtube and other comparison sites etc, and there are tonnes of great reviews for these on many of these sites, if you're considering getting these you should look on youtube also. I really wanted to make the right choice with these headphones and so I made a checklist of things they must have. My specific criteria that had to be met were:

1. good quality sound - after all that is their main purpose.
2. comfortable - I listen to music for hours at a time.
3. quality - I didn't want them falling apart after a few months.

I left this review for a while after I bought them so that I could talk about all three of those things and whether they turned out to be what I had hoped they would, and overall they completely surpassed my expectations.

The sound quality is perfectly balanced, in my opinion, and I listen to a very wide range of music - from drum and bass and electro house to rock and indie - it all sounds great on these headphones. While the sound would obviously be enhanced if you bought headphones more in the region of 200 pounds, these for me are just right.

They are extremely comfortable, so comfortable in fact that many nights I fall asleep listening to music on them accidentally and get up in the morning forgetting they are still on. I make my own music, and to have these is a lifesaver; I used to have to do 20 minutes then have a 10 minute break on my old pair which were a stand-in before I got a nicer pair, but now I can work for half a day with no discomfort.

Again, the quality is superb, I've had these for 3 months, (and already I can't imagine life without them!) and without cleaning or doing anything to them they still look brand new, and that's after using them at least once a day every day since I got them. The material they are made of and every last finishing touch just perfects these headphones to be the best pair on amazon by far for an all-rounder great pair of headphones - and at a great price for what you get, too, don't forget the great case as well.

All of that isn't even taking into account the great style to these headphones, many people complimented me on them, asked where I got them from etc, it was unbelievable! If you don't have a pair and you have the money for them do not hesitate, I can assure you that they will be worth it.
on 17 February 2014
I purchased these for my son, who is a drummer, for use with both his iPhone and his electronic MIDI kit.

I'd read reviews of these stating that they were light on bass response, quiet, and lacked definition. At a reduction in price of almost £80 I was willing to take a chance that the reviewers were wrong. Oh! How wrong they were!

These days people seem to expect an overwhelming amount of bass in there sound, especially in headphones. (I blame Dr. Dre's beats!) As someone who records music in a home studio this is unacceptable and, for my son as a drummer, it's also not a good idea.

These headphones have an outstanding frequency response (I can't find the specifications anywhere?) and whether listening to rock, classical, blues, jazz or pop they bring life to anything you'll want to listen to. The detail allows you to hear elements of the music you wouldn't hear with in ears, on ears, or over ears costing much, much more.

With their closed back design they are also very good at sound isolation, preventing any bleed of your listening to the outside world, and also very good at keeping the outside world just there, outside.

I can't speak any more highly of these. At this price they're a steal! Grab 'em while they're hot!