on 25 March 2017
Easy to install, even for a person like me who hasn't got an awful lot of experience taking computers apart (Instructions are very good)! It worked straight away and my wireless signal has been consistently strong and stable with no drop outs! After trying with USB wireless dongles it's a huge improvement. Exactly what I wanted, I'm really happy with it.
on 1 December 2016
Never got this to work. Was intended for my Windows 10 based PC and although it installs and updates the drivers it just never detects a wireless network. Tried using the included drivers and the updated on the website, but it makes no difference. Even tried it in with a Windows 7 computer and it was the same story, the OS reports that it is installed and working, but it just never detects a network.

Eventually gave up and returned for a refund
on 6 April 2016
TP-Link have never failed to impress me with their networking products in the years I have used them. This PCI-E Wi-FI Card works straight out of the box, no drivers required. I used it for Windows 10, but I also tried Linux - they both work easily as soon as its inserted into the motherboard.

Some people may be wondering about 'monitor mode' for network security; and I can confirm that this product works for this perfectly.
At home, I have 70Mbps internet download speed, and this card delivered me 40mbps during peak times; so I cannot fault it there. The antennas don't protrude too far out, and it looks like it would fit in any motherboard and case where the graphics card isn't covering there PCI-E.
It managed to connect to both of my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz network bands, and both worked, the 5Ghz of course giving me faster speeds at a shorter range.

To be honest, I could not find a fault with the N900, but if I was to be super picky, then the green board the card is made out of does stick out from my black and red PC build, but I understand TL-Link do have a more expensive model - AC1300 which is black.

In conclusion, this is a brilliant product, and I highly recommend. It is easy to fit for anyone with any experience with computers, and it will give you the connectivity to the interwebs that you desire.
on 28 August 2017
I brought this after reading reviews suggesting that this card would work with PfSense.

Shutdown PfSense. Plugged in. Booted PfSense. Configured. Working.
Crazy simple to set up as an access point, expected some form of hassle - nothing. Just plug and go.

Only downside, its quite slow. I'm getting +/- 20MB via this card, well over 100MB with my Archer router (which was ten times the price and is ten times the size). However works as needed.
on 16 January 2016
Plug and play. Didn't require me to install any software - which is ALWAYS a benefit!
Easy installation - and has a good wireless range.
Slightly expensive compared to other models but with the increased range thanks to the 3 antennas, it's well worth it.
3 Years warranty is great bonus, too!
Nothing really wrong with the product, it is what is says it is and should work with most motherboards.

Product description at time of review:

Seamlessly compatible with 802.11ac and 802.11b/g/n products
Dual band support - 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz channels bring an optimised HD video streaming, file sharing and online experience
Three antennas increase wireless performance and stability, includes a low profile bracket
Bundled utility provides quick and hassle-free installation
Comes with three years warranty
on 17 January 2016
This is one of the most simple yet effective solutions to adding wireless networking to your desktop PC.

Having built my gaming rig just over a year ago, my onboard networking went haywire, sending spam packets across my local network - bringing my entire network to a standstill. I needed a simple and elegant solution to make my desktop go from relying on a wired network to being WiFi enabled.

I wasn't expecting such an effortless installation. Simply place in a PCIe slot (it fits into a PCIe x1 slot!), screw in the antenna and away you go. It's pretty much plug-and-play. TP-Link offer a software bundle with it - but your PC should find the drivers for it locally, and for Windows machines, you'll be able to connect via the normal network icon on your system tray.

Most important thing for me was speed, and this doesn't compromise - easily hitting my maximum down/up speed (70mpbs/down, 20mbps/up) for internet access, and I achieved speeds in excess of 330mbps locally.
on 8 March 2015
Some stability problems occurred with the default Windows 8.1 Drivers that Microsoft decided to use. This resulted in the computer freezing or resetting. Downloaded the latest drivers from TP-Link website and had zero problems since. However because of the initial problems I have deducted a star as really this shouldn't be happening.

One of the main reasons for buying the dual band 450mb version is the 5ghz band that this uses. Previously my son was using a 2.4ghz USB wifi Dongle. My other son is still using his. But because we had so many 2.4Ghz devices on our wifi Network my son streaming HD Youtube videos was causing a problem for everyone else. Including streaming of Netflix over the Chromecast in the Kitchen. (Chromecast can only use the 2.4Ghz channel).

I did a speedtest on my sons computer, and it was getting the same speed as my wired ethernet computer. 104Mbits down, and 8Mbits up. With a ping of 9ms. The ping was exceptional in my opinion. Very very good. And this was on the default Virgin Media Super Hub 2.

When I do a file copy on his computer from our local server, it was pulling down around 25-30 MB/s constant, (megaBYTES), which is a lot faster than his previous USB dongle that maxxed out about 8 MB/s and usually around 4-5MB/s on average. A massive improvement.

I have asked my son how his Youtube viewing has been since install 3 days ago. And he said it has been great, and that he is able to rewind his youtube videos now without it buffering, and that he is able to watch all his videos in HD.

I have also noticed it's improved the remainder of the wifi Network, especially the chromecasts and other 2.4Ghz devices.

I will be buying one of my other son as well, to free up the 2.4Ghz network for those devices, and leave the main computers on the 5Ghz network.

Hopefully none of my neighbours will be moving to the 5Ghz channels any time soon, as they seem relatively empty at the moment (having down a wifi analyse of the local environment).

I was going to wire the house up with Ethernet, but this device will do for now. As my son is able to download at the maximum speed our Internet runs at, and that's all you can ask for really.
on 3 September 2017
I wanted to upgrade from my TL-WDN 4800 (N900) to a faster one more designed for online gaming / streaming / faster download speeds so I picked this model. I know there have been problems with Windows 10 with these line of models and I did everything in the instructions and installed the lastest drivers. I had to do a bit of tweaking with my router ( turning it on and off) and having to manually give my 5G address but once I managed to get it working, it has been absolutely SUPERB so far. (Playing rocket league online for example right now).

Personally I would have got the T8E or T9E which are the upgraded and a slightly faster version of this but I heard from reviews that those 8 and 9 versions had much more problems with windows 10 then this one so thought I wouldn't take the risk. Right now this version is doing the job I want it to do and I am very happy with my purchase so far. Edits will be made in the future if anything changes.

Sidenote : I would obvoisly use a wired connection but in my circumstances I have my computer upstairs away from router which is downstairs.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 January 2018
Recently upgraded internet from 7Mbps to a 200Mbps BT Infinity 3 package and noticed my PC download times hadn't increased as much as I was expecting.

Tracked it down to an old PCI Express Wireless N 150Mbps card and after some research bought this new PCI Express as a replacement.

I installed the device and used the most up-to-date drivers from the TP LINK website. I've had no issues since installing and now am able to download at the full speed provided by my ISP.

5* product for functionality and another 5* for the visual appeal of the device. Black aluminium heat sink on a black PCB. Perfection.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 15 July 2017
Bought this as a quick and easy upgrade for a non-wifi base unit for a friend who did some occasionally browsing.

This has been perfect. Rock solid. Installation was a breeze on windows 10 and I was literally up and running in a few clicks.

Great price and performs well.