on 2 March 2017
very good
on 27 June 2013
I have loved and cherished all the books I have purchased off amazon untill I bought this one! A collection of images on my computer of John Sargent are of better quality than this book, the so called author did not even bother extracting better images that can be readily available off google search, there are repeating images like the painting titled The capriote girl which appears on two completely different pages.... What a waste of my money...! You really got me but never next time!
on 13 March 2013
My favourite portrait painter but so much more besides. His skill was second to none and this book has it in shedloads. The way he handled paint was magical and I should imagine his portraits were excellent likenesses. I look through it again and again and wish I was half as talented as JSS!
on 8 March 2013
I have found these portraits etc excellent on kindle and will be trying them on my tv in next few days
on 24 January 2015
Quality reproductions but overshadowed by the Daniel Ankele double set. Good price.
on 14 February 2016