Customer reviews

Terminated
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.48

on 29 September 2015
A page turner, kept me gripped to the end although I did guess what would happen at the end. A good read.
on 17 June 2017
Enjoyed the story and characters although some of the writing was a bit corny. Will certainly read other stories by this author.
on 16 January 2016
good ead
on 2 March 2017
Excellent read....gripping
on 29 December 2012
I started to read this book as it was only 99p and it looked to me a good read for my first kindle book. My first thought was that it could bore me as this is the first book I have read in this genre however I was wrong. The characters are very interesting and relatable, the thing I liked about the characters/plot is that despite making one of the characters abnormal, Simon Wood kept it believable and didn't go overboard with it.

I would recommend this book for anybody from the age of 16; I am 16 but I don't think many people younger than that will enjoy this book as much but if you haven't read a book like this before then this is a great place to start and an absolute steal at 99p!

I can't wait to download Simon's other works and I hope there is more coming soon.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 October 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Gwen Ferris is newly promoted at a major US pharmaceutical company and it's well deserved, she works hard and she needs the extra money. However, her happiness is short-lived, she has to give one of her team a `poor performance' evaluation for his annual review and she is not looking forward to it. Gwen knows that Stephen thinks that he should have got her job and he has never been short of speaking his mind.

From the very first page this is a tale of calculated terror and the action escalated right to the end of the book. I don't want to give any of the plot away so I will just say that the menace that begins on page one continues throughout. I never thought I'd ever want to kill someone but the sheer evil and unrelenting predatory actions unleashed by the malcontent in this book got me thinking.

I really liked the concept of the plot; under certain circumstances I'm now convinced that something so routine as a performance review could be a catalyst for some of the events described here. This book would make a first-rate film and I recommend it to anyone who likes a fast-paced thriller and doesn't mind violence on paper.
on 8 May 2015
Most of Simon Wood's books are stand alone but all are gripping thrillers that are very hard to put down with twists and turns leading to an action packed ending that is usually unexpected. What makes Simon's books different is that you are not guaranteed a happy ending which adds to the suspense. This book sees a man who had a violent childhood blaming an innocent person for his failure to gain promotion. The situation sees both people change in their struggle to survive. Another must read for thriller fans.
on 6 September 2013
Once again Simon Wood takes the reader on an exciting, tense and page turning journey. From terrorisation to murder, a psychopath with a deadly grudge becomes more and more out of control and seemingly unstoppable. Gwen, who unwittingly unleashed the monster inside Tarbell, finds her life going from bad to worse. She is also dealing with the repercussions of a trauma in her youth and as events become more nightmarish she resorts to desperate measures which leads to a thrilling conclusion. Unputdownable!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 May 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book grabs you from the first page. Stephen or Steve (just to his friends) is middle aged, experienced and good at his job. It's his people skills that let him down. He has a quick temper, doesn't quite fit in at work and loves to point the finger. Gwen, is younger more dynamic and wants the whole workplace to get on. She implements changes that work. Gwen is promoted to manager and Steve is not. Although this happened a few months ago, his displeasure rears it's ugle head when his review with Gwen sees him needing to improve.

He hates Gwen for having his rightful job. He is the one holding the company together and he is not happy because Gwen got his job just for being female. Obviously this is not the case but Steve wants things to change. He threatens Gwen and scares her into giving (what he believes) is a good review. Steve is a clever man. His dad has never been proud of him and has always looked down on him. Steve wants to turn these tables.

I was gripped all through this book. You want to keep reading because everyone has been in that situation at work where you think your boss isn't treating you like you dererve and you want to do something about it. Most people do not do what Steve does!
on 5 December 2013
I don't usually read crime/ thriller novels, because I find they cant lose my interest with a slower pace... but this book had a nice solid rhythm to it that kept you turning the page....
I would just have to say it would have been VERY interesting to see the writer force you to side with one of them by giving them equal footing.... but the writer immediately was on the side of the victim...(Which is fine and worked well) but I just think experimenting with the direction of the readers sympathy would have been interesting... because I wanted to feel sorry for Tarbell, I almost wanted to side with him. With the abuse, bullying and poor luck of a man down & out and fed up of being the underdog it could have worked had he not been so damn violent/psychotic, perhaps if he had only tried to sabotage her work and as a last resort scare her at home to get her stress levels pumping... it would have been far more rousing for me to have the slow, secretive and methodical attack than the random acts of violence... But I guess that would have changed the whole "no one believes it's him " and desperation for resolution dynamic (Sorry I am a creator I can't help it, just have to share my idea...)
BUT for the plot the book did follow I found it surprisingly interesting, and liked the little twist of having the old attacker involved with things... Well written, thoroughly enjoyable and expertly tied up.
Thanks for the good read, I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I did.
Will be recommending the the "crime fiction fans" I know.