on 30 December 2017
I bought this phone to replace my old one because I was having trouble hearing the recorded messages on the answerphone, however although the new Doro looks very nice it is very poor in every other way, the caller display is very difficult to read and the maximum sound volume is quieter than ordinary phones. It does NOT provide any improvement over my existing phone and the new Doro is now packed away and I am using the old phone again. This purchase was a complete waste of money. And the advertised benefits were non existent.
on 18 February 2017
Great phones, nice design and reasonably priced. The only downfall is that the ringtone is not very loud, so as I purchased it because it was compatible with hearing aids, I expected the ring to be loud and to be able to adjust the speaker volume...you cannot. However, overall, excellent and recommend.
on 30 December 2013
Bought this for our 80yr old brother who is a techno luddite. Having loaded up the phone book for him and demonstrated how it works, set up the rings etc have fingers crossed that it will be better for him to manage as he gets used to it, at first it seemed far too complex to grasp as he has been sticking with an old corded set with push buttons in the hallway!. Ringtones are a bit tinny and the scrolling menu is fairly standard but takes a bit of patience to work through, lightweight and comfortable to hold.
on 3 January 2014
I bought this phone as I thought it had better audio than our last phone, it,s ok not a huge difference but after having sat and input all our numbers in to one of the handsets I was really annoyed to find you then have to do the same with the other handset as the ability to copy and transfer the phone book is not an option. Very frustrating!!
on 11 January 2017
This phone is recommended by hearing impaired websites as being particularly suitable for the hard of hearing. I have normal hearing but wanted a phone with a good speaker volume as I do a lot of conference calls. This phone volume is very poor and worse than the cheap phone I'm trying to replace. I read the mixed reviews before buying and decided to ignore those claiming the volume was poor in favour of those who said it was good. I'm afraid as someone who spends 5+ hours per day on the phone I can confirm it is very poor and I can't imagine how anyone who is hard of hearing could use it at all. I am returning the item as not fit for purpose.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 October 2016
Got this phone for my mum, as she uses hearing aids and was thinking this would make its easier for her to have a conversation. She finds it very hard to hear from and the loud speaker is not very loud. As this phone is designed for hearing aid users, it is very poor.
on 3 March 2016
Excellent product, have hearing aids but sounds are clear as a bell on this phone!
on 15 December 2015
There is little wrong with the equipment but the 'Handbook' (all 11 tiny pages) is useless and I cannot even find a method to delete old messages! An e.mail to DORO COMFORT produced a 3 line answer followed by an A4 English instruction manual, now printed. All I have to do is to understand the jargon. Had I known this I would not have purchased this phone. Sam. Levy.
on 14 August 2013
These phones are great and loud which is what they were bought for. Note the cord between plug and base is about 2m which is shorter than some.
on 22 September 2013
Naturally, I spent an inordinate amount of time reading Amazon reviews before buying this phone. I think it was a good decision.

Many other phones on the market seem to look as if they have been designed by a colour-blind child. Also, it seems there are many phones that have an enormous number of features, but seem to sacrifice sound quality. This phone, by contrast, is "back to basics" and looks smart.