Customer reviews

Lenspen NLP1 New Lenspen OriginalÂ

on 7 November 2013
The new design is an improvement over the original widely copied original. Ideal for the lens it's self but if your like me and use uv filters alot, Opt for the filter version. Reason being is that the tip is curved to match the lens end, but filters are flat of course.

If your not aware, the tip is a powdered carbon pad. Very clever, turns out that is why people use news papers to clean glass..it's the carbon
on 21 February 2015
The first time I removed the cap to use the lens cleaner pad, a small black pad fell out of the cap and on to the floor. This pad is meant to provide carbon to clean lenses. It didn't look professionally manufactured. Without putting the cap back on, and in the way described in the advertising video, I tried to use the cleaning pad on the pen to clean the lens on a pair of glasses. It did not work. Apart from the fact that it fell apart and did not work, there are several inconsistencies with the markings on the body and packaging. I suspect that this item is a counterfeit. This is the first time I have ever returned anything to Amazon. At the same time I purchased a Lenspen blower this was as described and I believe it to be a genuine Lenspen product
on 24 February 2014
The Lenspen is a marvellous idea, but ideally needs a clean lens before use... making it irrelevant. The problem I encountered is that if you manage to get grease from a fingerprint caught up in the ink cleaner it'll likely interfere with the cleaning process as mine never seemed to 'self-regenerate' back to a clean state and this was only after several uses; due to this I highly recommend a clean microfibre cloth combined with a Giottos Rocket Blower instead.
on 13 October 2017
The product is effective and long-lasting I use it every day to clean my eye glasses. This time Amazon delivered it late and the original packaging was not intact I suspect it was a return item so very surprised and disappointed with that.
on 21 May 2013
I am new to cameras and wanted something which I knew for sure would not damage my lens. This seems to get the worst of the smears off the lens, but when I hold it to the light I can still see that the lens still has streaks on it, in spite of using the carbon tip about 6 times in the manner everyone says to use it. I guess like one reviewer says, it's no replacement for liquid cleaner. I guess I will get some of that and leave this pen for travel emergencies. I didn't have a real problem with the black grit (carbon) since it just dusts off with the brush. BUT I did have a problem with some brush bristles falling out (and no, I did not use this roughly!) and one of them slid inside the zoom of my camera. I can only hope it won't cause problems...
on 4 April 2017
Everyone should carry a lens pen - best way to clean products. Would like for there to be some official guidance from the manufacturer on how to clean the brush end. The carbon element is supposed to last for 500 uses, but often have to dispose of it sooner due to dirty brush.
on 24 April 2017
Fantastic little gadget. The charcoal sucks up grease spots with very little effort.
on 24 August 2017
Good product
on 3 August 2014
It's a good idea but I found that a cloth works better than the brush.

There was nothing wrong with the item it just doesnt seem to remove any marks of the lens,and it arrived very quickly, and well packaged
on 8 June 2016