on 29 March 2012
I ordered 4 of these as a buffer against breakages (or use). Arrived very quickly and look to fit the bill. Small and easy to store in your glovebox (as recommended in France). The only query I had was the "use by" date - the instructions on the breathalyser bag advised to ensure the devices are used by the "use by date" though none such was printed on the kit. I phoned the company who advised this info is on the individual package for each unit. Unfortunately this had been removed and replaced by bubble wrap for postage protection. The company advised me the "use by" for a purchase in March 2012 would be Feb 2014 (but only because these were the first batches released - no clarity therefore on later batches sold). It would help if the "use by" was clearly marked on each unit or that the boxes were supplied.
77 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2012
A reviewer above states that his purchase does not carry an expiry date. WITHOUT this the product is not legal in France. Make sure yours has an expiry date if you want to avoid being fined.
on 29 November 2012
what can I say about this product. If you're travelling to France, you need it. It's cheap to get it, it even arrived with prime the next day. What more can I say. It's either this or the possibility of a 13 Euro fine.
on 2 November 2012
I just wanted to comply with the French traffic law so needed these to cover my self. No I am not a drink driver but this is what the French think is going to reduce alcohol related death on the road. So I hope it does. A good price to pay for this product compared with the market.
on 20 June 2015
We bought these to go to France as it is legally required. We did not have reason to use one or requested to do so by a French policeman either, so they are intact in our glove box for the next trip to France. Watch the expiry date folks! We would recommend as they are the Certified French ones. If we learned anythiing in France, it was make sure you comply with their rules [this is one] watch out for the mind boggling sign posts and KEEP TO THE SPEED LIMIT....they are really hot on that. Happy driving.
on 5 January 2013
We ordered just in time for our trip. This is all you need , not the more fancy expensive variety! Perfect.
on 2 June 2013
Thought that I would test one of the breathalysers. Blew up the bag and didn't think anything of the escaping air. Then when you had to attach it to the tube and squeeze the air through the tube I saw the futility of this item. I didn't blow the bag up hard, it leaked from the start. They may make you legal, but if a Gendarme asks you to use one you will have egg on your face.
on 7 April 2016
Haven't had to use this yet ... As a Diabetic it is unlikely I ever will - BUT my co-driver who takes me to Morocco every Winter will definitely need it - he is bound to attract scrutiny for the way he drives ...
on 1 August 2012
The product seems fine but one can't tell until one uses it - and then it's finished! When I got to France I found that you can buy them all over France at under 2 euros each from any Pharmacy.
on 7 January 2013
Complies with current legislation and does the job. Cheap and does the job. Cheaper than on a ferry to European mainland.