on 5 January 2017
Purchased 2 and they arrived ahead of planned time so pleased with that. Had them on next to each other and they are reading the same also had them next to my digital room thermostat and they are within 0.5 of that so satisfied with how accurate they are. Purchased for tropical fish tank but so far have checked temperature In room, in fridge, outside, in pond etc etc and all seems good.
Good length of lead/cable from senor to readout.
Came with battery and for the price I am very satisfied with this item of which I purchased 2.
on 31 January 2017
For the price you cannot fault these! I bought 3 for checking water temperature when doing ice swimming training. They all measure within 0.4 of a degree of each other. Small, easy to transport. Only niggle is they don't come with batteries - but get a strip of them from the pound shop and you're sorted! They take each take one AG13 357 1.5V battery.
review image
on 8 February 2017
I have ordered a lot of these over the last year or so. I have them stuck to the sides of several tanks, as well as an outdoor pond. They have all performed flawlessly, even the one exposed constantly to the elements has not malfunctioned in any way.

They are small and simple to fit, and pretty accurate for the money.

Overall cheap as chips and performs very well
on 23 April 2017
I bought 2 off these. They arrived in a jiffy bag 4 weeks later without any other packaging or instructions and without batteries. Since there was no instuction as to the batteries required I contacted the seller to ask them. Unfortunately the seller didn't know what batteries are required either and suggested I ask at the battery market! I eventually found some batteries to fit (LR43) but even with the batteries fitted the thermostats lose power when handled which becomes really frustrating when you are trying to attach them to the tank glass. Oh and there was a 0.3C difference in the measurements between the 2 units so not very accurate either. I guess you get what you pay for and these were cheap. My advise don't waste your money or time and get something better.
on 30 June 2017
Received the item well before the expected delivery date. However, when I switched it on, I got an erratic display which was found to be due to poor battery contact. Despite numerous attempts to rectify the issue, I couldn't get it to work properly. This was a shame as had it worked, it would have done the job nicely. I haven't bothered contacting the seller as I paid very little for it. Had I paid more, I would have contacted them and rated it less. I may have just been unlucky and got a rogue one - who knows?
on 19 April 2017
Unfortunately came without a battery, but these so cheap on eBay.....matches my digital room stat temperature exactly....the PwR switch actually turns it off when not in use , just hold it gently pressed for 5 seconds or so.........nice smart little unit..
on 16 September 2017
Not very accurate seems to measure high then slowly drop off, in the last 4 months its gone from 31c to 19c whereas the the standard thermometers have stayed around 26-27 as has the digital fluvial e series
on 14 June 2017
Tested against a traditional thermometer and is accurate.
Excellent value.
Others have noted the lack of batteries, which is not a problem as they are readily available, 2X LR44 button cells required.
Delivery was approx 4 weeks, but that's to be expected , so no complaint from me
on 8 August 2017
Product went from 2 pieces to 1 piece. I had ordered initially a month or so ago and the listing was for 2, I pressed "re-order" and got one!
on 18 August 2017
It seems I bought this in 2014. Although I have not used it continuously, it still works and I haven't changed the batteries yet.