on 13 March 2013
Ive used Doggcatcher on 2 other devices for a couple of years now and its the best of those Ive tried. All my skeptic, atheist, music, and science podcasts easily grabbed by this app which has never let me down. Shame I had to pay for it again when Id already bought it on Android for my phone but worth getting.
on 14 April 2013
I've been using iTunes and my trusty iPod for many years to listen to music and my favourite podcasts. But it's always been a pain to download podcasts to a pc, then sync the iPod... Along with the occasional issues where a podcast would not play/sync correctly with my iPod...

Finally I made the switch to using my Google Nexus as my podcast player, after looking over lots of reviews I decided on paying for DoggCatcher and so far I couldn't be happier.. :-)

The only thing I have not yet tried (and if it works I'll up it to 5 stars) is playing the podcast through Aux to my car radio, and being able to seamlessly switch to taking calls on my bluetooth headset (which I've only just ordered)... If that works I'll be a very happy camper.
on 16 June 2016
I've tried many podcast apps on Android and this was my favourite as soon as I tried it. It has loads of options, including download and play all options, and it remembers your position for each episode. You can even increase the play speed. It's really good.

However, it's not as responsive as I would expect. Even just switching to the app is very slow, let alone navigating the app. This is a shame.
on 4 May 2014
Keeps throwing error messages at me.

I don't get any issue with free pod catchers. Seems very lame to pay for one and it not work.

Even the 'report problem' option resulted in an error message.

I will be asking for a refund but hold out little hope.
on 16 April 2013
So far, so good. It appears to do, what I was hoping. which is to auto download Radio podcasts and save as many as I like and I am able to play until I wish to delete them.

Now that is what it appears to offer, however, only had a couple of days... All set up to do above...Fingers Crossed...

If it does what it appears it is going to.... I give it 5 Stars
I like listening to podcasts from time to time. I've tried a few of these players, although I always seem to go back to pocket casts in the end. Player fm is another one I recommend trying - particularly since it is free.

But this is a review of doggcatcher, so I'll get to the point. I find this a very easy to use podcast app, with a good search function to help you find podcasts which might interest you. The interface is gentle on the eye, and I find it an easy app to learn to use. Recommended.
on 13 March 2015
I have used several free podcast apps but wanted one that would automatically update my podcasts and download them, i decided to try this paid product.

Couldn't be easier or happier with DoggCatcher.
on 6 September 2014
I've tried other (free) Android podcatchers which seemed OK but this is significantly better.

I can't fault it.

Even better I had free credit to buy the app with Amazon Local.
on 17 February 2014
Love this app to bits. I've been a collector of good podcasts for years and this app just brings everything together in one great space. The variety is endless. Highly recommend this app.
on 13 February 2014
You may have to pay 192 coins for it, but it gives you the freedom to download lots of radio programmes, to listen to whenever you want, never need to miss The Archers ever again.