on 14 October 2013
I listen to podcasts while riding my bike, but want to keep one ear free for hearing the world (and traffic) around me, so I thought I'd give this product a try. It does the job, up to a point, but:
-- the sound quality is very poor
-- I need to turn the volume way up to get a reasonable level
-- wind (passing me as I cycle) causes noise that drowns out the podcast

Basically this product is no better than the ones handed out for free on airlines and tourist buses.

Instead of using this product, therefore, I use cheap stereo earplugs, and either just use one ear, or even cut off the other part.
on 22 February 2013
Wanted to try a single earphone for listening to the radio. This works, but that's all. The sound quality is quite poor and probably not suitable for listening to anything but speech. Fine for my purposes and exceptionally cheap, but not much good really.
EDIT: Even worse now that the company send them out without replacement sized earpieces, which makes them too big for my ears. Also, BOTH units I bought this time stopped working without warning. Have thrown both away. A great shame as they are so handy.
One person found this helpful
on 23 February 2013
These are brilliant!

First off, for the price you cannot complain. these work really well, the sound quality is great too, I mean its not going to be of 'dre beats' quality but definitely your average headset quality, i usually buy skull candy's and JVC headphones/Earbuds and they usually cost me £10 at the lowest.

One thing that I can say is that the cable is quite thin and feels like it could snap (I doubt that though).
Now this is why i bought this, I don't have any hearing problems or anything like that, I just use my left ear when listening to music as I like to be able to listen while having some idea of whats going on around me and these are perfect for me!

For the price, I think i will buy a couple more some time, as the're cheap and great with sound quality to be fair. If they break I dont think ill be bothered that much due to the price, but they feel durable and should last a good amount of time!

These work great, if you do get this, I suggest you buy at least 2 or more as back-ups!

*Just to add, the earbud comes in a medium sized fit this can be changed using other earbuds, I put some small sized buds on it from some skull candy's I had. Also when I recieved them (which was a speedy delivery) they came in a small plastic baggie.
on 1 November 2012
On the plus side, the service was excellent, delivered very quickly, and the earphone works OK. It's not top quality sound, but it's not bad - good enough for listening to the news which is all I wanted while I listen to a small mono radio in bed.

For me the down side is that it doesn't fit in my ear very well and tends to fall out more easily than other earphones I've used.

For the price, it's good value, cheap and cheerful - I'll continue to use it until I find something that fits better, and then keep this as a spare.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 June 2013
It's a great little unit but, you can insert the stereo jack plug the tiniest fraction too far. Doing so causes you to loose the audio. I tried it on three different sockets all with same result. Fortunately it allows itself to be pulled back just the right amount.

Suits my purposes fine. I have just purchased two more to be put away so as to cover myself against loss or damage.
on 27 December 2013
I use these mainly for cycling - in the left ear, with the right ear free for traffic - why does virtually no one make the single bud headphone. All the manufacturers are so obsessed with a great sound quality and I just want practicality. Have 'marked it down' as one of them fell apart very quickly - but at this price you really cannot complain - just great
on 3 April 2013
These are great for the price. I use them whilst running, they allow you to listen to your iPod but also keep an awareness of what is going on around you. They are so cheap that I tend to buy five at a time (I am forever losing or breaking all earphones when out running so paying 1.50 a time is a great idea)
on 21 November 2012
The best mono earphone I've found to use while out running. I only listen to speech (talking books and the like) so can't comment on what it is like to listen to music. Frankly, when you're are running if your music sounds good you are probably at risk of being run over by the next car that comes along! Being in ear it is away from the wind and rain and stays put in my, I think, average size ear. I just ordered two more to have in reserve.

Edit: I've had two fail, one only survived a few weeks use. But, they are cheap so what can you expect?
on 3 May 2014
I think on reflection I should have bought more expensive earphones.
They are really just ok and useable but frankly I would not buy then again.
But for the price you can't really be surprised .
on 27 November 2013
I bought this thinking it was stereo to mono, but it isn't, which is my fault for not reading the description properly.
Other than that; It is a nice little earpiece especially for the price.

See one answered question