Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 4 April 2012
Was flicking through the latest Q magazine, which I last bought some 3 years ago and happened to come upon a review of this young ladies debut. Checked it out on Spotify and after listening to the first two tracks decided to make the purchase. Have seen her and others billed as following in Adele's shadow but in my mind this is a lot more satisfying than the former or any others.

A great collection of well paced songs and produced largely by Bernard Butler (who we all know has an eye for great talent) together with a collaboration by Ed Harcourt - this is deemed to be a great long player if nothing else.

It is hopeful she gets the recognition that is deserved and has a chance to create sequels to this opus for a long time coming.

Favourite tracks? Well there is not a dud amongst them but Numb, Like a Runaway, Mountain Echo and Remember Me are my current choice.

Check her out on Twitter.
@JodieMarieMusic
on 18 March 2012
Very happy with my purchase. I like all the songs on the album, none I would choose to 'skip'. A few are favourites already.
Jodie Marie has a lovely voice and is able to use it well. The songs are sort of folky/country and lyrics clearly sung.
Having seen her on TV recently she is obviously a talented young lady with her own style. I hope she continues to progress and I look forward to her next album.
on 22 July 2012
I first heared Jodie Marie on a Radio Wales interview and studo session.I was driving home from work and caught just 2 tracks. But, they grabbed my attention and made me turn the radio up and listen. Then, by chance, with an evening to spare in London ,I caught her live at Shepeherd's Bush Hall with a string quartet in addition to the band. What a fabulous evening and a great experience to "take a chance" on the basis of 2 tracks and then love everything she and her band performed.
So, a no brainer to buy the Album by this very talented young lady.I can't wait to see her live again on her mini Welsh tour later this year.
I wouldn't have a clue how to categorise her music. If you like something maybe its best to just accept it as it is and not dissect it.I love the bluesy, rocky edge of "Numb" and "On the Road". And the soulful contrast of "What would it take" and "Greeny Blue". If she's not on "Later" within 12 months I'll be miffed.
on 5 June 2012
Add Jodie to the list of great British vocalists. I saw here live at an intimate gig hosted by BBC Radio Blackburn, and without the 'safety' of a recording studio, her vocals were excellent. The album is a great reflection of her talent, although if I had one wish it would be that she would have a little more 'rock' and a little less 'country' to the tracks. Occasionally you can hear a little Janis Joplin just waiting to get out, and that would make her stand out more from the other British female artists.
on 1 March 2013
My favourite cd of last year. Beautiful voice , reflective music (well it is for me). When I was travelling back and forth to hospital to be with my dad when he was dying it was all we played in the car, bought my sister a copy of this as she loved it too.

I can not compare her to anyone as her voice is 'her own', distinctive, soft and easy listening/ background music.
on 5 March 2012
The album arrived in the post on Saturday and I haven't stopped listening to it since. Very easy to listen to and sing along with, can't get enough of it. Fantastic first album.
on 3 January 2013
My wife heard her music months ago and was impressed so I thought I'd surprise her by buying this for her at Christmas. She loves every track!
on 23 November 2013
Again another female voice that isn't bad but not brilliant at all I would say 4 out of 5 if I am being honest with you
on 1 August 2014
Pleasant easy listening. Had purchased the CD having heard a track, which I had enjoyed.
on 23 November 2014
A breath of fresh air ! Natural voice, natural talent. A future rising star!