Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Zara Larsson Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.09

on 12 November 2003
I am not really a country music fan, having never bought a country album before, or not intentionally anyway! I was given this by a friend, and i had no idea what i was missing out on. Apart from all the classics that you know but never knew you really liked, from Jolene to Islands In The Stream to Stand By Your Man, there's all manner of styles and tempos from the brilliant "Misty" by Ray Stevens, probably the best track on the collection, to Ralph Stanley's now classic bluegrass classic "Man Of Constant Sorrow".
I've since bought the "O Brother Where Art Thou" album, which is also superb, and together they've satisfied my new passion for Americana.
This would make a great Christmas present i'd say, as it's novel and surprisingly good.
on 24 April 2004
If you like country music then this is the compilation for you. It haseverything that traditional country fans enjoy to some great tunes thatanyone would be unable to resist. Classics such as 'Harper Valley PTA' and' Let Your Love Flow' ensure that this compilation can and will be enjoyedby anybody who listens to this album. Listen and Enjoy!
on 29 February 2016
Sorry but I have to say that the track listing on the back cover is not the same as was listed on AMAZON....
20 odd tracks compered to 18 on the album it self they are as follows below....

1 B J Thomas Raindrops keep falling on my head
15 Charley Pride Me and Bobby Mcgee
16 Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy
17 Glen Campbell Gentle on my mind
18 Billie Jo Spears Crazy

I hope this track listing will be a help to you so you now know the songs on the album
Country Gold NOT what was put on AMAZONS web site

My Apologies to AMAZON if the listing on your site has been changed since posting this review...
on 13 May 2011
Some tracks are performed by artists who are not known for those songs. Certain songs are better performed by other artists. The best songs could have been released as a double CD only.
on 21 February 2014
A high quality collection of American country music songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. There is very little filler here: great artists and some of their best songs. Nevertheless, nowadays you can get them for free on the internet.
on 29 October 2003
This album is like a breath of fresh air from the usual music scene in the UK. Being one of the lesser known music genres in Britain at present, this is surely to change with the release of this country album over here. It offers a range of country music which I find absolutely fantastic. The artists compiled on the album are well scoped - in that there is a good mix of both male and female performers - so as not to appear or become monotonous.
I found tracks on this album relaxing, in order to listen to whilst revising for exams, and others were invigorating - celebrations after exams had finished!! Due to this, I believe that this album offers music for different occasions which people will find useful.
This album filled me the same feeling joy I have whenever I listen to albums by Martina McBride, which have themselves converted many of my friends to country music. What a pleasure that "Country Gold" will be able to do the same to some more friends!!
on 9 November 2012
I ordered this group of CD's and they were delivered ahead of schedule and in great condition. I was brought up on Country music and it was great to hear all the old songs by the original artists. great value for money. No complaints.
on 21 October 2011
Brilliant content on this Cd. Item was delivered well with the timeframe window and in excellent condition. I would reccommend this product.
on 21 October 2011
on 23 September 2013
country gold delivers some great songs always on my mind,jolene,bye bye love lots more well worth buying you will enjoy this collection too