Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.27

on 2 March 2012
The contents of this book, as a work of fiction, being the diary of HRH Princess Margaret Rose during the War is well- written, imaginative and as far as I can tell, historically accurate - well, as accurate as the subject can be! In short, I like the book very much. My sympathies however go to the author - Valerie Wilding. She has been seriously let down by the publishers: Why does a fictional-diary of PRINCESS MARGARET have an illustration of HRH PRINCESS ELIZABETH (now HMQ) on the cover with the legend "Her Royal Highness Elizabeth Windsor 1939"???? In other words - the cover doesn't relate to the contents!
on 11 May 2012
I purchased this book for a display I was doing about Queen Elizabeth (Diamond Jubilee), only to discover it is in fact the diary of PRINCESS MARGARET and not Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth Windsor as stated on the front cover.
Although a pleasant informative read it was misleading for me as an adult let alone the target audience. I think Scholastic should alter the misleading title of this book. A cheap ploy in Daimond Jubilee season!
on 6 June 2012
I purchased this book for my daughter who thoroughly enjoyed it. A brilliant way to introduce young people to our Queen. Highly recommended.
on 14 November 2014
This My Story book is told from the viewpoint of Princes Margaret and her very different experiences of growing up alongside the future Queen Elizabeth. Britain is on the verge of war, its 1939, there are big changes at the palace, although a lot of the war did not effect them as it did the ordinary people they both still wanted to do their bit. Meanwhile Princess Elizabeth has met and fallen in love with Prince Philip of Greece and awaits permission from the King so they can eventually marry, not one of the better My Story books but a reasonable read.
on 20 August 2012
My 8 year old daughter loved reading this book. She was struggling with reading for herself and couldn't get beyond the first 2-3 chapters in many books. Since discovering this series of books with short entries, as they are written as diaries, she is really getting into reading and the wonder of books and has read 4 more in this series. She says she enjoyed this book the most as she is fascinated by the royal family and has asked so many questions about the war and the royals from that time. For my 8 year old daughter it was just the right length and she felt encouraged in her reading that she could finish a book and enjoy it.
on 2 August 2012
this is one of the best books i have ever read and i definately reccomend it if you like royalty
on 25 October 2013
While I have not read this book so cannot attest to it's content, the cover bothers me greatly. This book is set in WWII, but there is a 1970's/80's Land Rover Series III Air Portable on the cover, unless her royal highness has a time travelling Land Rover, I cannot take this book seriously.
on 15 July 2012
although many would disagree i think that the story is really boring and it was not as good as the other my story books however if you are really into the queen and royalty this book is definetley for you
on 12 August 2013
Quite good insight to Princess Margaret's childhood.
She seems to be nicer than we thought she was as a child.
As an adult she seemed to be rather unroyal to my mind.
on 11 April 2014
amazing book it was very very interesting and it tells you that even the royal family where facing difficulty in the war