on 29 November 2017
I love this tool. I am a massage therapist and after years of use, my thumbs are not as good they used to be. Whilst you cannot feel quite so well through it, it will certainly go deeper than I can now. I manually palpate to find the right spot then use this gizmo for the release. Obviously it is a little small for very deep tissue in the glutes etc. But otherwise more than adequate for more superficial therapy. For myself, I have a few issues in my neck and base of skull for which this wonderful as it is quite as soft as I need it to be. Do not be fooled to think it is too soft for more powerful work. I love the multi shaped facets which are great for differing nooks and crannies on the body. My thumbs are grateful.
on 26 August 2017
Well, it is a considerably smaller object than I was anticipating but it is effective (sort of). Previously to this I had been using a tennis ball in a sock to reach those hard to reach, deep, tight muscles. Tennis balls are very effective as they are slightly squashy, they move around as you move your back/shoulder and can therefore be re-positioned quite easily if they are not quite correctly positioned and are really useful in the car. The pocket physio thingy's downside is that it is made of a non-slip rubbery material therefore it doesn't move if you are standing against a wall with it flat against the wall and prodding into your back/neck/shoulders. It doesn't slide and move around like a tennis ball does. But it does get into the knots - just in that one place. It is not that effective if you use it in bed as it's too small and sinks into the mattress (well it does into mine). It is quite useful in the car though but once positioned it cannot then be readjusted/aligned unlike the tennis ball in a sock, which has a handy grab handle in the end of the sock. So I am not completely sold on it, but it does fit in my handbag, unlike the tennis ball. I suppose it could double as a door wedge in the future....
on 29 November 2015
I'm a physio and I was recommended to buy this product. I am able to apply a focus point pressure with much more force and with much less effort. I would recommend this to anyone who does soft tissue work- save your thumbs!!
on 26 July 2017
Amazing product. I bought this a few years ago and since then have been using it, Very often I get tension headache from the left side of my neck and, use it instead of rubbing with my thumb, you can use it anywhere in your body for the hand massage, foot massage or whatever, As a massage therapist I find it very helpful.
on 12 June 2017
Great product, works wonders at getting into difficult areas to release trigger points, would highly recommend
on 10 August 2017
Great product! Nice firmness and texture. Easy to get into spots. Instant relief!
on 12 October 2016
If you're used to using a ball to massage your trigger points, I'd describe this one as like using a golf ball and the Pocket Physio MAX as like using a tennis ball.

Personally having now purchased the MAX I don't need this one. It's just a bit small and fiddly without getting into those deeper knots.

The design itself is great, they're kinda rubbery which means they stay put on a wall and the design has a bit of give to it so it's not too pokey.

Great for finding trigger points and giving those knots a good working out.

Should you buy one? Yes.
But for anyone used to a using a tennis ball or lacrosse ball buy the Pocket Physio MAX instead.
on 27 June 2015
Feels amazing on my back
on 25 September 2015
I have a back that goes into spasm every day deep tissue sports massages do help so I thought I'd try the Trigger point Physio. I was under the impression it was a circle of small blocks as illustrated that you got,not one lump of rubber in different colours..At 6'2 84kg there's no way i could lay in one place with this digging in my back it's agony.!!...It's not for me wasted money.
on 6 September 2013
I bought this because I have an ongoing calf/achilles problem and someone told me about myofascial release (which I surfed for). I've used this a couple of times on my calf and, it does hit the spot (pun intended), it's going to take a few more sessions before it properly resolves itself but for the relief it has brought thus far, it was well worth the purchase.

As an added bonus, after more surfing, I found the trigger point relating to a stiff neck/shoulder issue I have had for years (just thought is was me growing old). Bingo, again two sessions later - much improved.

The only downside for this little product (hence the 4 stars) is the lack of information on how to use it - no hits on YouTube, very little on the web. Okay so it only costs a few pounds, so may be that's asking too much, but a couple of videos would help - especially as this is sold as a self help device.