on 13 April 2013
Reading some of the poorer reviews (I find I'm always drawn to the 1 star first:-) I feared for the fit. However, it arrived on exactly the date promised, held a 3/4 charge, proved a perfect fit and is now charging completely. In the 'product description' section of the page the sellers have sensibly listed every known model number this battery is known to work with, information buyers can find on their Macs under the 'About this Mac' drop down menu in the Top LH side of their screens. It's now revived a 'dead' laptop and it seems that this is £20.00 extremely well spent and, at a third of the price of an Apple-branded item, a steal. The only negative was that it's a minutely different shade of white from my old Laptop base, but then - who cares? Recommended unreservedly.
on 30 September 2013
Having read the reviews on here I was really worried that it might not be that good, but it has exceeded my expectations and more. I think people tend to forget that it is on £22 instead of paying from £50 - £70 for an Apple one and in my books it is worth every penny of the £22. It fits perfectly, charges perfectly and it look exactly like the Apple one. It does not matter to me if it doesn't last as long as an Apple one. As long as it charges and it holds it's charge, which it does it really does not matter if their is any discrepancy with how long it holds it charge for because instead of paying between £50-£70 I only paid £22!!!! Bargain in my Books!!!
on 9 March 2014
This is a really bad quality battery. It only lasted 7 months and the cycle count is just 73. Genuine Mac batteries last for 1000 cycle counts. So don't waste your money on this battery; think about it, you will have to buy 15 of these batteries for every one genuine Mac battery, that's £3000 on batteries!
on 30 May 2017
Ok
on 3 June 2016
Worked fine for a while then it wouldn't connect to my MacBook and all of a sudden my MacBook wouldn't work unless it was plugged in.
on 19 January 2013
I needed to change my battery on my Macbook as I had it for over 4 years. I think Apple's battery price was over £100, which I thought was too much money. So I got this battery. The white colour of the battery is not same as the one on the Macbook, but because its underneath, I wasn't really concerned about that. The 5 LED's worked in the opposite direction to my original one, but again I wasn't concerned about that. The battery held its charge well, so overall I'm well pleased, for the price.
on 15 August 2014
Well I have received the item two days ago so not a long wait for it. So far, it's working. I'm actually using it now. The battery looks new and I had no problem to charge at first time.
on 13 October 2013
This is NOT a REPLACEMENT BATTERY, it is a SERVICE battery, which is meant to last 4 to 6 months. It lasts around 3hrs at the moment. What should have been here on 8th eventually arrived on 12th. Unable to contact courier directly and Amazon themselves VERY UNHELPFUL.
on 25 January 2013
It seems to do the job as a battery fairly well and it's cheap.

BUT, the description for this product is filled with misguiding information.

1. The received battery is a Li-Ion (written on the back), not a Li-Poly as said in description.
2. The received battery has 4729 mAh when checked in system profile, the description says 5800 mAh, meaning 20% less battery life than advertised.
3. The fit is not OEM. It didn't "pop" in place like the original battery and I had to press it fairly hard into the MacBook body to be able to turn the battery lock. When in place the white plastic cover of the battery sticks out a bit on two of the sides so I might have to trim it a bit if it gets annoying.
22 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2013
I bought 2 just in case the bad reviews were true but no. Both batteries work well, arriving with about 50% of charge in them. I calibrated my battery twice and it works really well now. Can't believe I fought on without a batter for this long.

+ Cheap
+ Gives up to 3 hours of charge if just browsing
+ Good packaging
+ Totally worth the money

- Just a little too fat, will stay ~1millimeter above the laptop surface
- Not the promised 5800 mAh, after about 10 charges the battery page gives 4900 mAh