on 7 June 2012
I have been waiting for these headphones for over two months. Finally they appeared on Amazon again, so I've ordered them straight away. Got them and loved the packaging, something like heavy duty builders product.

Than the disappointments came:
- 1 - they have very plasticy feel to them (pictures of the product above are computer generated, not a real thing),
- 2 - they expand way too easy, so you have to adjust them every time you put them on your head,
- 3 - they might be too small for a lot of people (I have a pretty average head, but had to expand them to the maximum,
- 4 - info in the box says: 'BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO-ONE HAS GONE BEFORE MAY LEAD TO DRASTIC EQUIPMENT LOSS. FEAR NOT! JUST CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER CARE TEAM AT: [...] AND WE'LL SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CABLE OR YOUR EXTRA CONNECTOR FOR NOKIA, SONY ERICSSON OR OLDER SAMSUNG MODELS FOR FREE.' (see the picture I've added above). I've contacted Philips UK to hear that they don't have those connectors as those headphones were not meant for UK market. I said that I got them from Amazon UK, but Philips' response was that Amazon ships from all over the world and I should contact them. Contacted Amazon to hear that they can't help me and I can return the item for the full refund if I can't use it with my Nokia phone. The headphones were indeed delivered from Germany, so I went even further and tried the online chat with Philips Germany, but chat in English is impossible (unfortunately my German is pretty poor).

The good things:
- 1 - they sound very good on all levels (bass is just amazing),
- 2 - they isolate from the outside world very good (not as good as noise cancelling but good enough for me),
- 3 - the cushions and head band are very comfortable (adjusting method is really annoying though).

Conclusion:
- I would buy them again if the price was £50 - £70, not £150.
- For £150 one would expect a way better attitude from Philips, not just looking for excuses like 'yes Amazon do sell a lot of products from worldwide so it is possible they have sold you a non UK set of headphones and this would be the reason why we would not send out the connectors for Nokia here as they are not available here in the UK' (transcript from chat with Philips UK). In my opinion, yes you can buy them here from Amazon UK, and I really don't care if you are Philips UK or Philips Germany, I buy Philips' product and for me Philips is one global company, present all over the world.

So, mainly due to Philips' attitude these are going back!!!
review image review image
on 5 May 2016
Ordered 2x sets of these, both came with different remotes. I wanted iphone remotes but only 1x had this. I got no sense out of the seller so bought a new lead from Philips for £30 delivered. Not ideal but still cheap headphones for the quality. Would have got 5 stars if both came as described
on 3 March 2016
I bought these for my teenage nephew who is autistic as it helps him to block out distracting noises. They are amazing headphones! He loves them ! I wouldn't have been able to afford the full price so thank goodness they were heavily discounted. Thank you for making my nephew's world a little easier to cope with.
on 19 March 2013
Simple, effective, seems durable. comfortable
Good sound, lots of bass, but does not slave. good insulation

The headset comes with a cable to phone .... It is written as a single cable is available upon request. Comes with the recent models.

To get a 3 pin cable jack without microphone (stereo single) I call the Philips ... they sent me first adapter 15 cm ..... and then, following my request was a real stereo cable only ....
I was pleasantly surprised philips media: listening to the customer, monitoring and response personal, send fast ... excellent! I was not expecting a ca! Just for the support, I recommend philips!

I you want more audiophile product, you can search a Philips Fidelio ( 2 models)
on 11 March 2013
As the owner of a number of pairs of higher end cans i was looking for something rugged to use when travelling,stumbled across these when they were on sale and bought a pair.Sound quality after 80 plus hours of burn in is excellent,they look identical to the current pictures so maybe the pics have been updated,compare favorably with my Klipsch and Denon cans i normally use and have got a positive reaction from friends who have seen them/listened to them.I'm a member of AV Forums and a bit fussy with the equipment i use,i can happily recommend these to anyone looking for a tough pair of quality cans.No problem with the connector using it with my Iphone/Ipod,Galaxy tablet/Galaxy phone,laptop etc.
on 30 December 2013
So I ordered these for myself because I broken the old ones i had. I had THE STRETCH and i loved them, changed 3 pairs so by that I mean THE stretch wasn't as durable as I expected, but for the price and quality it was great. Then I saw these, bought them. The quality of the sound is fantastic, really feeling the difference between these and the stretch. Don't know about durability, but they look more durable. For this price I really recommend these headphones.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2013
I purchased these phones at unbelievably low price from Amazon. The description said that they they were 2nd's from the warehouse but when I received the item the only issue was they didn't come in retail packaging (not a problem for me).

The sound quality is great, the build quality is great......definitely recommended if you can pick up sub £50. Still worth a buy at £99.
on 24 December 2013
ok, so i got these about 5 days ago, after 4 days straight of letting them work in at a low volume, they sound fantastic, so much better than alot of headphones people live by, the only metal part of the headphones is the holders for the cans, but they are tough, so far, great headphones.
on 29 March 2014
For the £60 mark these are great value. They are very comfortable and the sound quality is great. Easy to adjust to fit and the angled jack is great for plugging into mobiles.. Highly recommended at this price.
on 4 February 2014
It has a fantastic sound and has a fantastic price! I recommend it,no doubt.If you are looking for quality,a very good option.
very quick at shipment,thank you.