Top critical review
12 people found this helpful
GOOD IDEA ... BADLY IMPEMENTED :(
on 7 June 2012
I have been waiting for these headphones for over two months. Finally they appeared on Amazon again, so I've ordered them straight away. Got them and loved the packaging, something like heavy duty builders product.
Than the disappointments came:
- 1 - they have very plasticy feel to them (pictures of the product above are computer generated, not a real thing),
- 2 - they expand way too easy, so you have to adjust them every time you put them on your head,
- 3 - they might be too small for a lot of people (I have a pretty average head, but had to expand them to the maximum,
- 4 - info in the box says: 'BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO-ONE HAS GONE BEFORE MAY LEAD TO DRASTIC EQUIPMENT LOSS. FEAR NOT! JUST CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER CARE TEAM AT: [...] AND WE'LL SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CABLE OR YOUR EXTRA CONNECTOR FOR NOKIA, SONY ERICSSON OR OLDER SAMSUNG MODELS FOR FREE.' (see the picture I've added above). I've contacted Philips UK to hear that they don't have those connectors as those headphones were not meant for UK market. I said that I got them from Amazon UK, but Philips' response was that Amazon ships from all over the world and I should contact them. Contacted Amazon to hear that they can't help me and I can return the item for the full refund if I can't use it with my Nokia phone. The headphones were indeed delivered from Germany, so I went even further and tried the online chat with Philips Germany, but chat in English is impossible (unfortunately my German is pretty poor).
The good things:
- 1 - they sound very good on all levels (bass is just amazing),
- 2 - they isolate from the outside world very good (not as good as noise cancelling but good enough for me),
- 3 - the cushions and head band are very comfortable (adjusting method is really annoying though).
- I would buy them again if the price was £50 - £70, not £150.
- For £150 one would expect a way better attitude from Philips, not just looking for excuses like 'yes Amazon do sell a lot of products from worldwide so it is possible they have sold you a non UK set of headphones and this would be the reason why we would not send out the connectors for Nokia here as they are not available here in the UK' (transcript from chat with Philips UK). In my opinion, yes you can buy them here from Amazon UK, and I really don't care if you are Philips UK or Philips Germany, I buy Philips' product and for me Philips is one global company, present all over the world.
So, mainly due to Philips' attitude these are going back!!!