on 11 July 2012
I have recently purchased a new camcorder (Panasonic HC-V700) and I wanted to purchase a bag to protect it. This bad is strong, well padded and sturdy, and no doubt will provide me with years of protection. There is the inner pouch where you store the camcorder, and then there are smaller pouches at the front and sides, ideal for SD cards etc. There are two straps, one where you can have the bag around your waist, and one where you can have it as a shoulder bag.

The only downside is, in my opinion, the bag is quite bulky. To be honest, I could fit two camcorders inside! Hence why I have given this item 4*. Overall though, for price, a good buy.

Strongly recommended.
on 13 November 2012
When the parcel was delivered, it was quite a "dinky" (small) affair. But thanks to modern technology making thing smaller, this case is more than ample for a camcorder. It also has a multitude of pockets to carry extra items; mesh pockets on either end, a zipped compartment on the front, (partially hidden by the front lid flap) and yet another mesh pocket inside the lid. These will be ideal for things such as filters, SD cards etc, ie items that are not too 'bulky' The pockets wouldn't hold video lights etc.

There's also lots of carry options. A handle on the lid for hand held. A webbing belt and belt hook on bag that allows it to be worn as a bum bag. Hooks on the back corners so the bag hangs from a shoulder strap, (bit front heavy) And hooks mid sides so the bag balances better. Indeed, you could use the shoulder strap AND the webbing belt to hold the bag to the body very securely!

It's nicely padded to take 'gentle' knocks of people bashing into you etc, but not suitable for putting in the 'sling-a-suitcases-here-and-there' melee of luggage handlers at the airport!

For carry a camcorder on day trips / holiday outings, or for general storage, it's a more than adequate. For the price, I'm more than happy with it.
on 14 May 2013
This was exactly the product I was after, but Amazon almost persuaded me to cancel my order.

Why? Because although I had paid for first class delivery, Amazon approximated that delivery date to be ten days later. I contacted the seller to ask why they were charging a significant delivery fee and got a very helpful phone call just minutes later. They explained that Amazon estimated delivery dates which were extremely conservative and of course very unhelpful to excellent and efficient sellers like GEM.

As it turned out, I had also ordered the camcorder that fitted into the case at the same time, directly from Amazon. I paid for next day delivery as I needed it for an event a few days later.

The bag arrived before the camera!

Something is not right about Amazon's delivery estimates and needs to be addressed. They almost lost GEM a customer and both me and the supplier had to waste time contacting each other when it need not have been necessary had Amazon been more accurate and more fair in their delivery approximation.

The end result: do not believe Amazon if they tell you GEM will take 10 days to deliver a product that you have paid 1st class delivery for. The chances are it will be with you the next day.

Thanks GEM for a superb customer service, and boo to Amazon for making theirs and my life more complicated than it need be.
on 14 May 2013
I bought this case for my Panasonic HC-X900 camcorder. It is light and easy to carry - has a lid handle and comes with adjustable shoulder strap as well as a waist strap that allows the cast to be carried like a 'bum-bag'. (I have not used this option as I am large enough around the waist without adding the extra girth of a camera bag!)

I gave it four stars because i would have liked a little more room lengthwise in the bag to accomodate my camcorder fitted with the shade attachment and a UV filter on the lens. It does go in - but it is a tight fit (the fit may improve with use if the case materials stretch a little).

There is a handy zip pocket in the lid that takes the remote control unit and other small pieces of kit, as well as a zip up pocket on the front of the bag that will take spare batteries (max 2) and spare memory cards.

Two elasticated net pouches are located on each side of the bag that could be used for small items.
on 30 September 2013
Arrived on time and well packaged. This case fits in everything I need to carry around. Would appear to be waterproof on the days it has been exposed to the elements. Seems to be well constructed and has a good carry strap.
on 12 January 2014
My x900 just about fits in this case. It's very tight and it will not be able to carry any accessories. I do not recommend this for the x900.

I should demand a full refund!
on 4 April 2013
I'm very happy with my new GEM camcorder case, it fits my camera plus a few cables etc perfectly and feels solid and safe yet light and easy to carry. Would definitely recommend.
on 26 October 2013
very nice case , seems strong and well made. extra pockets for memory cards and front pouch big enough for my digital camera.
Fast delivery made this an impressive buy!
on 19 August 2013
I was looking for a case which would comfortably and safely hold my camera and some accessories and this fits the bill exactly
on 29 July 2013
Just right for what in need, not to big but big enough to hold what I want it to. Very handy for taking little extras with you.