on 20 June 2016
This book gives an interesting impression of what it is like to walk the Camino. The author's personal journey - both on foot and in terms of her view of life - is integral to the book, and adds the depth that makes it worthwhile. My only criticism is that she seems rather "little England" in her attitudes at times - alternately complaining that we have too much emphasis on health and safety compared to the French, then that their standards of cleanliness and maintenance are insufficient. Overall, well worth reading if you want a flavour of this ancient pilgrimage route in the 21st century.
on 11 May 2016
Good personal read on the experience of walking the Camoni de Santiago. I like to read other people's experience and recognise the towns and villages along the way. It's the emotions and feelings that are described that bring you back. It makes you appreciate once again how privileged we are for how the walk shows you everything in life in a new light. Grateful for small things that are right beside us all the time.
on 3 June 2013
This must be he eighth account I have read by people who have walked this testing route across northern Spain from the foothills of the Pyrenees in France. This is perhaps the most personal and subjective. She expresses the joy and the suffering very well indeed.
She is a brave and courageous walker and writer.
Oh by the way she did not walk the 800 Kms as she started in Le Puy in France making her walk more than 1200 Kms!

Well done!
on 28 October 2014
The author writes in a very easy, casual manner I enjoyed her insights into characters and places and felt I travelled with her for a while. Spending half my year in a camper van I know exactly what she means about material items, they really don't matter unless they serve a purpose. The book came to an end too soon, a sign of a very good read! Thank you for sharing your journey with the world
on 11 November 2013
Good read, although I am a sucker for travel books, I like the way she describes the people that she meets along the way, and her fears as I am sure we all would feel the same being on our own, it shows there are some very good people on this planet, but the odd few ??????
on 24 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It offers a real insight into life on the Camino. Am planning on doing the Camino Frances next year and so was interested to read about the experiences of a woman on her own. It was well written and I loved the day to day anecdotes. Would recommend this book to anyone interested in the Camino
on 15 May 2012
I read this book in one sitting, as once started, I couldn't put it down! Fast paced with plenty of witty anecdotes that made me laugh out-loud. Although there was lots of interesting descriptions and details of the history of the places visited which will appeal to those planning on walking the route, for me, the real attraction of this book is in the honesty of the writers emotional journey. She clearly had a life changing experience and although I'm unlikely to pack my bags and walk the Camino myself, there is no doubt that this book has made me re-evaluate my own life principles.
on 3 October 2012
I loved this book and am sad that I have finished it. Like the previous reviewer I would love to know what Jean is now doing. It is an inspirational I hope to walk some of the Camino next spring. I am not as courageous as Jean and will not be sleeping under canvas. Well done Jean, both with your adventure and your book. You are my inspiration!!
on 27 March 2015
WHAT A JOURNEY.I FELT THAT I WAS THERE WITH HER!
on 3 October 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this account of walking the camino! The author described it perfectly, and allowed the reader to imagine they were experiencing the sometimes excruciating but fulfilling walk with her! Well worth a read. inspirational!