Format: DVD|Change

on 19 October 2012
A powerful, driven drama with both great acting and writing...what more could you want? Absolutely outstanding, can't recommend it enough!
on 14 October 2012
This drama was amazing. The last episode was pulled from TV due to a tragedy that occured in Manchester, and I was kept dangling to see it. At first, I was disappointed with the ending as it didn't seem to finish off the story - there were so many un-answered questions. Now I see that this is the beauty of it. Such a powerful ending that has left me thirsty for more.

I really hope there is a second series of this, it would be possible. This was such an emotive, authentic drama which really portrays how many good citizens feel with modern day laws and policing.

This was brilliant, better than any film I have seen for a long time. Please make more.
on 8 November 2014
Outstanding. I watched Good Cop when it first aired on the BBC. It was stopped because of the tragic killing of two Police officers in Manchester.

It remains in my view one of the best Drama's ever screened on the BBC. For me, it doesn't need a "second series". I won't spoil it for others who haven't watched it but the ending leaves it open for a second series so I was half expecting the BBC to announce a second series.

I hadn't seen Warren Brown before but this shows how good an actor he is. As is Stephen Graham who I first came across in "This is England" - both actors, in fact every actor and actress in it play their part extremely well.

With "The Missing" now airing on the BBC you'll find it hard this drama a tough act to follow.

Excellent performances all round.
on 24 December 2012
I have an all region dvd player and when I saw this I HAD to own it because I love crime dramas. This one rates very high in my estimation because the show was well written and the acting was superior. The plot keeps building with each episode and I won't include any "spoilers" here. I do hope that this is made into a series like Dexter which I like very much. However, very few TV shows made in the USA are as well written and acted like they are in the UK and other countries. Our TV networks are infested with dumbed down "reality" shows which insults the mind. Thankfully, Jersey Shore, is finally history as it was a slapdown of my Italian ethnicity.
on 24 March 2014
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SHOW!!!! MOODY, GRITTY, UNPREDICTABLE.... THIS IS WHY I LOVE BRITISH TELEVISION. I AM FROM CANADA & WE HAVE NOTHING LIKE EITHER ON CANADIAN OR AMERICAN TV. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DVD SET. GET IT. PREPARE TO BE THOROUGHLY ENTERTAINED & AMAZED!!! AWESOME.
on 31 August 2013
Not much joy in this tense and harrowing tale of a good cop gone bad - Warren Brown is excellent and a nice portrait of him and his father. Much left up in the air at the end, but after the plot twists, that's to be expected.
on 26 September 2013
Which was slightly inconclusive esp as the BBC have pulled doing any more. Shame, presumably due to recent events: well, it won't stop them! It was a great series, really thrilling in a different sort of way.
on 22 April 2013
When are guys going to release this D.V.D on U.S.disc.I saw the previews of this show online and i just flip,Warren Brown is the MAN.I must have this disc.But it in PAL format,soo that mean that i'm going to have too watch it on my computer.Set the region on British Virgin Isle....Cinematography is off the hook:)
on 2 November 2012
What can anyone say about just how BRILLIANT this show is ( was ) .
This is without doubt, in my opinion, the very best cop program ever made by and shown by the BBC.
This is the best excuse for paying a license fee. The program had a superb cast and each character was utterly believable.
The story-lines behind the main story were just as enthralling as the main event.
The tension builds with each episode and is compulsive viewing.
I have never been so down in the dumps when I heard they were not planning on making any more.
I think it is the biggest mistake the bbc will have made in a long time if they do not make any more.
It was not advertised enough in advance or given the hype it genuinely and rightfully deserves.
Just the best of the best ( if you like cop dramas ).
on 20 November 2012
1st off let me start off with a negative - Warren Brown, my new favourite superb British Actor - Has said via Twitter that a second series will NOT be made. Just one question BBC - WHY??? This is by far the best thing that's been on TV since Luther (btw series 3 of Luther is in progress).

This series had me gripped from start to finish. Very well written, extremely great acting by all, but for me Warren Brown shines through as the next big thing to come from these shores. Remarkable episodes with plenty of actions & twists, this series is not to be missed. So much so that I've even. Purchased this for me mother for Xmas. She missed the original airing so I had to get her it.

This series is 10 out of 10. Fantastic.