on 4 November 2013
At first I was excited but when tried to use it the seaweed or the waves, the sugarpaste would not come out. As I read from wilton's official web page I will have to use a cake grease srpay (fine sugar does not work). Bottom line: looks nice but haven't manage to use it in full.
on 6 October 2014
I bought this to make an under the sea themed cake. Unfortunately I didn't realise you needed to buy a special knife separately in order to get the icing out and so I couldn't use it properly. The product itself was of good quality though.
on 17 March 2015
Good markings on the starfish and shells, but the seaweed is virtually impossible to get out of the mould in one piece and the wave design isn't particularly realistic and is a little too "solid" for my liking.
on 1 October 2014
This mould is great but has its difficulties. It is very difficult to get the dough back out without pieces breaking off and being left behind, even if you use the cornflour to prevent sticking. You need a lot of time and perseverance to get it right, especially for the waves and the seaweed mould, it just breaks, if it doesn't break when it comes out, it breaks when you are trying to apply to the cake. I ended up just using smaller parts of the seaweed as it kept breaking anyway and bits being left behind and cutting the wave line in half and applying, you get more seams but it's easier to manage.
on 3 July 2015
If I could give this 0 stars I would. Described as 'Wilton' Mould but is in fact a cheap imitation compared with the real thing. (The real ones have Wilton embossed on them).
Very poorly and cheaply made - hopeless.
I even had to pay for the postage to return the items (I bought 3) even though they weren't as described.
on 25 October 2013
Another quality item from Wilton.
The mould does exactly want it should.
Don't forget to use cornflower and be careful when making the coral: it is tricky.
on 23 June 2014
Unless I am really doing something wrong this mould did not work for me. I found it very frustrating and it was not cheap either. I would not recommend it for beginners.
on 6 May 2015
Not too easy to use. Needs plenty of corn flour dusting. Shapes are shallow, making it difficult to mould especially the shell shapes. Have not mustered the waves yet, tried many times.
on 31 January 2015
Larger items easy enough to remove but even with good preparation and careful removal the smaller ones broke often...a bit tricky really...good luck if you think you're up to it!
on 21 January 2016
Quite difficult to get the icing out of, although I do not believe this to be a fault with the product as I have experienced this with many.