Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 November 2013
I've become hooked on loom knitting because I simply cannot get the hang of using traditional pins to knit. Maybe because I've been crocheting for so long?

The directions that come with this spool knitter are VERY basic, show only the e-wrap and the pictures are 'fuzzy' - for better instructions do a search online using the term 'jumbo spool knitter instructions' and tonnes of great tutorials come up including one from Simplicity (z-wrap flowers for garment embellishments, tips for making bag straps, belts, 'frog', toggle closures), and several for vintage projects (belts, hats, placemats, floor rugs, more).

Gauge isn't mentioned at all in product description or instructions - buyers should understand the pegs are far apart and so yield a very loose knit even with a thick piece of yarn or wool. But this is still a great purchase if you like to loom knit - just understand the gauge is very large.

Five minutes out of the packaging I had the larger end wrapped (e-wrap for making standard tubes) and was 'knitting' away:) The knit result is quite loose as I'm using a double-knit (DK) acrylic yarn but a chunky wool will yield a somewhat tighter knit; I plan to use the DK tubes to make a braided cowl neck warmer and this tool will make fun, short work of the project.

All in I'm very pleased with this spool knitter as an excellent addition to my small knitting nancy and my set of round and long looms. This is a very versatile knitting tool and I'm quite glad to have it.

Well done to Amazon Fulfillment team, this arrived two days ahead of the estimated delivery date and in perfect condition!
on 24 August 2017
I ordered this for my 4 year old granddaughter, because she was interested to see me knitting. The tool itself is really well designed and easy for little hands to hold. I would have given this 5 stars, but knocked one off because the instructions were not particularly clear and I ended up watching YouTube videos instead.
on 5 August 2017
Instructions not terribly clear so I had to use You Tube for videos but it is much better than a cotton reel with 4 nails in it!
on 11 July 2017
I do a lot of loom knitting and this item was missing from my collection of looms. Good quality product
on 20 April 2017
Very happy with this
on 20 August 2016
I bought a few different types of French knitting "dollies" for my grandchild; disappointed with all of them. Then got this one. Not only is it perfectly designed to help keep the stitches on securely, it also has a cunning groove into which the hook fits perfectly as it lifts over the next stitch.
There are two different options in size for the final knitted tube.
This is design at its very best; actually thought through carefully at each stage. Well done!
on 2 February 2014
I bought this to make jewellery with and I am using it with thin wire then threading beads on it. My grandchildren love using it with wool and the older one (age 7) regularly has a go with it.

I have made some very pretty necklaces and bracelets with it.
on 3 July 2014
Just what I need to use with rags, as most can't cope with material.
on 25 January 2017
I bought this for my granddaughter as she has shown an interest in knitting, but is a bit too young to master conventional knitting. She is enjoying it and has knitted a couple of yards, experimenting with rainbow wools.
The knitter is very well made with a good smooth finish and comfortable to hold, even for a small hand.
on 30 September 2016
I love this product as it is so versatile.

A normal knitting dolly only allows for one size. This spool allows for thicker or thinner yarn and you can remove the spools for different patterns. It even comes with instructions on how to start and end.

Will buy again!