Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.34

on 7 June 2012
I'm not really aware of the background of this collection of tales so I read it simply as a collection of stories, each based on an reader suggested item. Bearing this in mind, I found this to be an enjoyable collection of tales, each of which could have been taken from a series of The Twilight Zone. How on earth do you make a horror story about a toothbrush?? Before reading this, I wouldn't have thought it possible. Each story was very well written and kept me rapt until I had sadly finished the book. The tales were not all horror, some just had a touch of the surreal about them. Some were just plain weird. All were totally unbelievable but that didn't take anything away from my enjoyment.
on 26 September 2012
OMGoodness, Author JH Glaze has done it again!!! My mind is still buzzing after reading "The Horror Challenge Vol. 1".

I received this ebook as a "FREE" read on Amazon, after seeing it listed, without hesitating I hit the buy button. My other two books of Jeff's were out of this world!!! (literally) The Spirit Box and NorthWest.... Loved them both, and I'm eagerly now waiting to get my hands on "Send No Angel"

The Horror Challenge is the amazing concept from the mastermind of Jeff, as he asked his followers of his page to give a word or phase on a certain day... he then turns around and creates an amazing short story that we find in this collection of 14 stand alones of The Horror Challenge Vol. 1.

Each short story will take you on a completely different ride, some of them are funny, some are strange, yet others will be downright scary enough to have your hair stand on the back on your neck!!!! Yikes.
Yes, I did have chills/goose bumps reading some of them (as I have with his other books) Others I had to shake my head at myself as I caught myself re-reading a chapter to make sure I got it right the first time, then laugh at myself when I did in fact red it right the first time.

How someone can create a masterpiece from seemingly nothing at all (meaning no story plot before hand) continues to dumbfound me.. Yet I shouldn't be surprised at the same time, after all it IS Jeff Glaze, who has a mind unlike no other author that I've had the opportunity to enjoy their works of art.

*hats off* to you Jeff Glaze for yet another mind blowing and entertaining piece of mastery!!!
Now I must get my hands on book #2 "The Horror Challenge Vol. 2" for some more of the crazy yet magnificent mind of Jeff.

Recommend: YA and up
Rating: 5/5 angel stars

Angel Anne Reviews
on 16 June 2012
Review 6******

This book is a collaboration by JH Glaze and his followers on his Facebook page, of which I am one. We all had to contribute an everyday item, and he would create a story to include said item.
The stories range from the strange to the downright chilling.
Each story was well written and, because it is flash fiction, is no more than 1500 words. I would highly recommend this book not only for a quick read, but because these stories are highly entertaining. If you love horror, then look no further than this book!

I was given a free copy of this book to read, and I have decided to write a review as I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I have not been paid for this review.
on 3 July 2012
This is a short, fast paced read. One where you will find yourself removing the fluff from your collar where it touches your neck, even though your shirt has no collar and one where you will find yourself giggle. I read these stories on Facebook as they were published and still managed to miss two. The Toothbrush being one. It is an awesome story. One with a twist that will leave you feeling satisfied. Some of the other stories are funny, most will make you think and others will make you rethink your choices and behavior. Because remember, you never know who you are dealing with on the other side of the telephone. I give this an easy 5 ***** review rating.
on 4 October 2012
I have only ever read one flash fiction story before, so this was something completely new to me, but I really enjoyed it. 12 stories, all with a topic suggested by someone, with a maximum of 1500 words. There are also 2 bonus stories in this edition, that were never published on the website.

I wouldn't class all the stories as horror, but really impressed at how you can pack so much into such few words. I would definitely look out for further challenges, they are great to pick up when you only have a short amount of time.