on 17 May 2016
I bought this along with a star wars shirt for my boyfriend as a birthday present this year, this is a really unique gift for someone who is a fan of star wars! I have yet to see him have a drink from R2-D2 but my only concern is the bottom half is hollowed out which would make this rather annoying to clean! I would recommend rinsing this out with hot soapy water after having a drink so it doesn't stain in the difficult places.
on 5 January 2015
I bought this mug for my Star Wars mad boyfriend as a birthday gift and he loved it!

It's a decent size although not as big as I thought (I expected it to be a similar size to the Sports Direct mugs) but it's about the size of an average mug. The painting looks nice and it doesn't look at all cheap.

My only complaint would be that the lid doesn't have anything to secure it on - it just sits in the mug, there's no plunging sort of feature to fix it on. Other than that, this is great!
One person found this helpful
on 16 June 2014
As I write this my R2D2 mug is sat in front of me, lid on keeping my coffee warm, a must for any Star wards fan. Every day usable memorabilia is not that easy to come by now that my wife won't let me have Luke Skywalker bed sheets!
4 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2013
I bought this as a secret Santa for someone at work. Really wanted it for myself. It's great. An ideal gift for a Star Wars fan. I received a stupid book. That's the last time I spend money on those at work!
9 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 December 2016
An R2D2 ceramic cup with lid. Bought as an extra to go with the teapot and cookie jar of same design. Looks great, and comes in an official disney box for collectors.
on 14 February 2018
Got this for my Star Wars-loving partner and she thinks it's great. Nicely detailed and well-packaged.

As others have said, it might more practical as a storage jar than a mug due to lots of crevices. Nice on your work desk for paper clips and the like!
on 25 June 2014
R2-D2 is the smallest mug that I own and also the most difficult to clean and make drinks in. The bit where his feet are also are hollowed out which is what causes this issue.

The item was a gift and the person did love it but these two points are what let it down.
5 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2016
As a Star Wars fan, and R2D2 my favourite character, I love this mug!! My only quibble is that the lid is very loose, so you have to be very careful of it.
review image
on 30 June 2013
As I've read in other reviews, the box my mug came in was also slightly damaged, which disappointed me a bit as this was to be a gift. It could be post I suppose but reading the reviews,it seems otherwise. However, apart from that the mug is adorable and I wouldn't send it back!
2 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2015
Purchased this as a Christmas gift for my Star Wars loving partner, and I was happily surprised with how eloquent it looked. It has a nice glazed finish, the details are good and it's a great size too, not too big nor clunky. It also happens to come in a rather cool Star Wars package too, which is an added plus as it'll be fun to open. Arrived well packed, so I have no complaints.