on 9 May 2014
If you've got a half-way decent sewing machine you won't want to put these bobbins in it. They are full of burrs with lots of sharp and snaggy bits and are very obviously cheaply made of substandard materials. Some even have a double side where they've stuck two pieces on together. After waiting nearly a month for them to arrive from Hong Kong they've gone straight in the bin. I know they weren't expensive so thought I'd give them a try based on some of the reviews but don't bother.
on 7 February 2013
I love these, they are made of metal and are way better than the flimsy plastic ones that came with my sewing machine. I have wound them all with thread and store then in a handy clear plastic bobin case that I bought here in Amazon. That way I am able to change thread with out much fuss when I am sewing diffrent coloured fabrics. I still have some thread that needs a bobin so I will be making another purchase of the same.
on 15 March 2017
Low cost, expected low quality and that is exactly what I got. Some I can't use as they are misshapen. I have a Toyota machine and they only just fit onto the winding spool to fill the bobbin. Think they are destined for the bin. They do hold a lot of thread but they rattle around in the bobbin casing badly and as such leave you with all sorts of seemingly unfixable tension issues.
on 2 May 2017
I bought 4x packets (20x Metal bobbins per packet, so 80 pieces all together) from seller: BargainShop_London.

And, I am very sad to say that they are very poor quality. 66 of them all are all bent out of shape and will not work in a sewing machine. Only 16 (that's a low 20% of the whole lot) are usable, and even those are still not welded together perfectly straight.

Very disappointed!
review image review image review image
on 20 April 2017
The ones that work are ok infact they are good. But i had 11 that were so badly made and sqaushed they would not go onto the machine. Only 9 were useable. But i expected some to be like that as the price is pretty cheap but not that many. I suppose they are worth buying but if they are all like this in a pack it would be a waste of money but as it is i got 9 out of it.
on 30 March 2017
Very good quality for the price, however, bought these for my daughters toyota machine and they didn't fit the pin to load up with thread. They did fit on my brother machine, but not as a bobbin to use! Between the two we can use them, but not practical enough to buy again. If you try them and they fit, there a bargain.
on 26 May 2017
Nice, standard, smooth-running bobbins. Bought these to replace plastic bobbins, because the extra weight makes them less likely to wobble or jam in use. I chose a uk seller for quick delivery. Very pleased.
on 30 April 2017
'Er indoors' hated these.
I had to buy her the same thing again, but in plastic. She loves the plastic ones. Who can figure out women, right ;-)
on 17 May 2017
Unfortunately these were totally wrong for my sewing machine. . .brother...I had to get a new machine as it completely ruined the tension and alignment...make sure they're right fit for your machine
on 26 May 2017
Perfect. Right size, excellent price, still no sign of rust discolouration. Recommended