on 26 September 2013
I don't like posting negative reviews on line, but I cannot contact the seller via Amazon to let them know in any other way, I have tried.
These may work on other machines even Janome ones, but I have a Janome Memorycraft 8200QC I just started a new project on it (a quilt for my grandson) and had awful problems with the stitching, catching and looping up underneath, I couldn't understand what was going on as it didn't seem to be a consistant problem. I then looked through all the troubleshooting parts of my manual and checked on line to see if anyone else had had this problem to no avail. I then looked at my bobbins, some where the ones the retailer supplied with the machine and some where the ones I'm posting a review for. I had filled several bobbins with thread to speed the construction process up, some original and some of the new ones. I tried and tested and found these bobbins rattle around in the machine and throw up odd loops under the work. Trying to use my walking foot with them was a headache in itself. I ended up sorting them out from the proper Janome ones and tossing them into the bin. It may well be that these fit and work perfectly well on other machines but if you have the same model as mine, save yourself some time and frustration and purchase the proper Janome ones.
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 February 2015
Arrived promptly enough, but... they are covered in little plastic burrs which will catch the thread! There are 'flaps' sticking out from edges too so apart from running wonkily probably won't fit in the bobbin holder. Not worth returning so I'll file them with emery boards to see if they can be rescued. I know that you often have to file down the radial lines inside cheap plastic bobbins to stop the thread catching, but these will be a lot of work! Very surprised seeing how well they are rated. Wish I hadn't ordered 60!

Later: well I spent some time filing the rough bits and flaps off several and tried loading them on my Janome... the centres are too big! The spindle spins and the bobbin sits there.
on 8 February 2014
Although the header information does not mention Singer, the body of the text states 'INC BROTHER TOYOTA NEWHOME SINGER JANOME SILVER ETC ETC'. As you can see Singer is mentioned, so I bought these for my Singer 5430C - they DO NOT fit.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2014
I have a Janome 2050 Machine and purchased these to be able to thread loads of bobbins for large projects. They were sent in a jiffy bag, with no packaging to hold them all together. I did get 20, however one appeared to have been damaged in transit, but considering there was no packaging for the bobbins, having lost only 1 was pretty good. These are identical in every way to the bobbins I got with my machine from the manufacturer. They fit well, work without any issues and overall I am very happy. Should I need any more bobbins I would definitely purchase again. They do come from Hong Kong - so be prepared to wait about a month. Not ideal if you need them quickly, but if you can wait they're well worth the price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 July 2015
Bobbins are of cheap plastic and can crack when thread in wound on to them. I have had several crack and cause machine to jam. It took me a while to find out what was going on. Thought my machine was broke but noticed small cracks in the bobbin causing the spoo to snag. I suppose you get what you pay for.... I won't be repeating this mistake.
on 30 July 2017
These bobbins are perfect for my machine and the price was very good, I didn't quite expect then to fit properly, but they do and I am very pleased.
on 30 December 2017
Oh I love these. Good product, affordable price, arrived ahead of delivery date. Very pleased.
on 9 October 2017
Seemed to take a long time to arrive, longer than quoted. However the product is as described and fitted well on my machine and for this price I don't mind that I had to wait a while for them I would buy again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 November 2017
Arrived on time good product
on 29 July 2013
These bobbins are ideal for my brother machine, were cheap and are proving to be a useful addition to my sewing box.