Customer reviews

Koloss
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 December 2015
This is MESHUGGAHS latest album released in 2012/13. Alot of fans say it is there most listenable album and i agree, there is a melody to the heaviness, its deep deep down and a very heavy melody BUT a melody all the same. Track 9, DEMIURGE is one of my favourite MESHUGGAH songs EVER!. This cd cost me about £5 and it was worth every penny. So even if your not a big MESHUGGAH fan you will love this.
on 3 March 2013
At first I thought that this wasn't the kind of album that would work well on vinyl. I thought it would be too heavy... But I was wrong. What is great about the having this album on vinyl is the sinister artwork with which many comparisons can be drawn with the music itself. Its technical, beautiful, innovative, provocative!

This band surprises me every time they bring out a new album and with Koloss, they do not disappoint. Its even more technical than previous albums and a lot more subtle. The co-ordination in songs such as "Do Not Look Down" and "The Demons Name is Surveillance" are mind blowing. Meshuggah continue to move the Holy Grail out of reach of those who seek to obtain it, which is only right of the band that invented the sound some would call "Djent".

However I think that the first single from Koloss; "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" just dragged on for a little too long. Its a good song and is a great contrast in tempo to the rest of the album being much slower. Also rhythmically the song not as complicated as the rest of the album giving some listeners a much needed break form the onslaught of Tomas Haake's genius. But with little noticeable change throughout the song, it doesn't justify being nearly 7 minutes long.

"The Last Vigil" brings the album to close with an eerie but peaceful instrumental guitar duo. Marten Hagstrom and Fredrik Thordendal ease the listener back into real space time which they had been forced to vacate at the opening riff of "I Am Colossus"

All in all Koloss is another incredible album form an Incredible band. Meshuggah have outdone themselves once again. Definitely worthy of 5 stars.
on 7 October 2012
Koloss is the next album from Meshuggah and personally i would say that while it is a good album it is not as good as their previous work. While i would say that i am a big Meshuggah fan i was slightly dis-appointed by this release as it didn't really offer anything new or any musical experimentation. It is heavy, probably their heaviest offering yet and if this had been released by any other band doing similar stuff i would be raving over it but I have come to expect more from these guys. Definately worth checking out and if you can get it cheaper then grab a bargain. Also the 'big case' with extra stuff is not worth the price, nothing of any special note on it.
on 30 March 2012
This album absolutely blew me away, thought provoking lyrics, amazing riffs,amazing drums, and great vocals! What more can i say! If you're a fan of Meshuggah this is more of the same only done better (In my opinion) From start to finish every track kept me hooked and stood out in their own way. Definitely one of my favourites of 2012.
on 7 June 2017
One of their best albums in recent times. A must have for fans of progressive music.
on 1 October 2014
Psychedelic Viking robot metal.
Bong some Surströmming before listening (yes, I know that's Swedish and meshuggah are Norwegian; I'm blessed with ignorance being a white brit).
on 11 August 2013
Once you find & understand those rythms from another dimension; you are trapped; trapped I tell you....
....in the wonderful musical honey trap that is Meshuggah.
Such clever,clever bastards
on 29 March 2012
Been awaiting this album for a while, got to say meshuggah really went to town on this one. New approach with lots of progressive elements. The album is incredible! Definitely a perfect buy! Best metal album I've heard for a long time and Meshuggah are yet to ever disappoint me, which they wont I'm pretty sure of that.
on 23 July 2017
Awesome
on 25 April 2012
Masters of the extreme. a better offering than Obzen, with the inclusion of some "groovey" riffs and drum patterns... can i hear a cowbell? always good in my book. i've listened to these guys for years (since destroy, erase, improve... for me their opus) believe me, these guys also deliver live, case in point, Manchester Academy 17th april 2012. this cd has not been far from my side, either in the car or at home. I always can't wait for their offerings and this has sealed the deal for me. THE BEST BAND ON THE PLANET OR ANY OTHER FOR THAT MATTER.