1,237

on 24 November 2012
I downloaded this really superb app onto my Kindle Fire. You need to be prepared for a long download time of about 30 minutes, but it is worth the wait. It would be worth temporarily changing your auto switch off time before downloading. Mine is set for 5 minutes and I needed to poke the screen every few minutes to stop it switching off. That aside, no problem.
Each species has useful, often quite detailed field notes, images and most have song examples, which you certainly don't get in book. The images are a bit small and cannot be expanded but that is a very minor quibble. This is a great value app. I'm so glad I found it.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2013
I had downloaded this before I read the negative reviews stating that it won't work on a Kindle Fire. Although it was slow to download, it is now up and running on my Kindle Fire. Try again if you weren't successful, it's a lovely app!
0Comment| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2012
The many photographs are really good. I havelots of birdbooks with photographs of the birds of course, but these are outstanding. The calls also are so realistic that i am almost looking round for the bird! I saw a waxwing a few days ago, but it was silent. Now I know what it would have sounded like if it had been calling or singing!
Jean 101
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 December 2012
For each bird listed, and there are loads, you get a photograph, a write-up and a short .mp3 sound file. This is absolutely fascinating. My Mum often asks me about birds. I might just be able to answer a few questions for her now. I might still get the book of British birds as well, but this is so much more interactive, especially with the bird songs included. A lovely app. Chuffed to bits with it.
on 10 March 2014
There is so much information in this app I feel sure I will be able to identify far more birds than ever. I like the recorded bird song, and variety of images. I would recommend it to all bird lovers, and to the young and the old. I have not found anything to dislike.
on 13 December 2012
If you are bird watcher get it.
Takes a while to download on the kindle fire be patient
it is worth the wait.
The home page list all the birds with thumbnail.
Clicking on any bird brings up details of the bird selected
with information on habitat migration etc. With a larger photo
in the top left hand corner and below is a speaker tab
to play bird song.
In the top right hand side is a images tab to display up to
several photos of bird that expand to fill the screen.
The photos are very good and clear.
on 25 December 2012
Very useful for instant identification, especially the range of images. Unfortunately the sound files populate the music section of the tablet' s system.
on 24 January 2013
Works fine on my kindle fire. They must have fixed the problem! Lovely app just what I needed! I'm very pleased
on 25 December 2012
This app froze during download. Despite my best efforts, it went into a loop and kept telling me to clear data via settings.. I did this but the data was clearly being held in I CLOUD. No matter what I did I could not get it to reinstall so ended up deleting it completely. This was using a KINDLE FIRE. I will have to 're purchase if I want to try again and for now....I don't have the patience to go through all that again! It is a shame, I think I would have loved it if I could have got it to work.
0Comment| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2013
I have been looking for something which combined the song and images in one place, so was really pleased to find this app on Amazon as there was nothing in Google Play store. I have a Fujitsu tablet and the app loaded within 10 minutes over wifi. (It won't load over a mobile network). It works perfectly. I recommend it and will look for others from this team. Excellent value for 63p!!!