on 24 March 2014
I found that I could look up birds that I didn't know really quickly which is great when you have only had a quick glance and were trying to remember all of the little details , the fact that you have different pictures at different angles really helps as some birds can look so different from one angle to another and it was brilliant to be able to hear what the bird also sounds like .
I am not an avid birdwatcher but do love to see then in my garden and in the surrounding areas like woods ,grasslands and the beach ,I feed them to help them through the toughest parts of the year which was most of this winter and even now there is not a lot of food due to the terrible weather and storms also the non-stop rain and below average temperatures at night but I always have put a bit out all year round,also it's great to know what is best for different types of birds food wise plus the fact that water is also so important a factor which people forget about.
All in all I'm delighted and would recommend this to anyone who likes to look at the birds in their garden and further afield ,plus a lot of the smaller and some of the bigger birds need our help in the present climate.
I hope that this helps.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 March 2013
Having installed Birds of Britain on my KIndle FIre HD and not having suffered any of the downloading issues reported by others in their reviews, I have found it to contain both helpful and interesting data. The photographs are also an essential aid to the identification of birds.

Included, too, are recordings of the birds` songs and calls accessible from within the app.

From the menu, birds of particular families can be grouped together, as a further aid to identification.

There are also options to list all the birds in alphabetical order or in terms of whether they are "resident," "summer," "winter," or "passing."

Overall I would regard it as a handy reference tool to have accessible when out and about and it is a particular asset that it does not rely on any Internet connection once it has been adequately installed.
on 16 April 2014
Although I like this app, it could have been better. Some images are quite pixelated, as though they have been taken off the web and included in the app, rather than paying a stock image company for quality images. Image quality wouldn't matter so much if the app was free, but it isn't.
Not knowing much about bird songs, I can't offer an opinion as to how accurate they are. However, I have never heard a robin sing the way it does on the app, and I have heard a lot of robins.
The write-up on the birds is good.
Had the app compiler spent more time and effort on image quality and bird song (robin) and less on the word content, or left it as is, this would have been a much better app.
on 30 March 2015
I bought this app some years ago from Google Play and then it disappeared, not only from my phone but from Google Play too. Alternatives were nothing like as good so I was delighted to be re-united with the app thru Amazon. It used to take ages to download but not now! It is a really good birding aid, just wish there was more on the male & female differences but I really appreciate more than one image and the sound all being readily available on the one page.
on 15 July 2015
This lists birds in alphabetical order with thumbnail pictures for initial identification. For each bird listed there is then access to basic information to aid identification, habitats etc with pictures and sound. Exactly what I want to aid identification of birds in my garden. Also individual species can be marked as favourites so I have a ready record of birds seen. While a serious bird watcher may want more information for 50p this is an excellent app for the casual observer.
on 19 August 2014
An Excellent App, for very little money, and well worth it. I do enjoy seeing and hearing the birds, and being able to play a bird call when you need to is great, as it encourages the birds in closer, where I then like to try and photograph them. There certainly seems to be a lot of birds on here, and haven't yet found any I would want that aren't included. The only trouble really, is my lack of knowledge, as there will always be bird calls I don't recognise, so I don't know which birdsong to load up in the app. Not the Apps fault to be fair, maybe someone should make a birdsong recognition App where it records the song and then tells you the bird you can hear, Like soundhound or shazam for birdsongs!!

I've used it on 2 phones so far, one a budget android and one more powerful, and it worked fine on both. What is especially nice about it is that its all stored on your phone, so you don't need signal or data to view the birds and play the songs.

All in all, a very useful app, and much more productive than mind numbing games! Go out into the great outdoors and enjoy yourself!
on 29 August 2017
Outstanding App giving detailed descriptions as well as the audio for each bird call. Photographs are clear which maximises the chance of correctly identifying the bird in question.
The app is a gift at the price..
on 8 July 2014
This is a useful app to carry on my phone to enable bird recognition in the field. There is an option to group in families which helps with recognition. The photos are good but it would be useful to have male/female shown on the home page since different sexes may look quite different. My one reservation is that this app takes up a massive 226 MB of memory - by far the biggest app on my tablet - and it cannot be moved to the SD card. This causes problems on my tablet and I will need to remove it but there is room for it on my Moto G phone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 September 2014
I like birds, but I haven't a clue what I am looking at half of the time! I saw this app and what I really like about it is, is that I can try and identify the bird and then come back and determine whether I was right or not. I really do like the additional facility to listen to the bird song; simply as I often hear them when walking my dog and a bit like the visual sightings, I haven't a clue.

Relatively cheap at £.64p and well worth it in my eyes
on 2 March 2013
I read some of the mixed reviews but thought i'd try it for 99p. I have to say its much better than expected -

- Multiple images for each bird
- Good text descriptions of each bird
- Searchable and 'family' lists
- Bird song samples for each bird

The think the low scoring reviews are more about the technical compatibility rather than the quality of the installed app. The download to my Asus EPad TF101 took about 4 minutes and no problems with the install process. My only complaint is that its locked in 'portrait' mode and wont move to 'landscape' view - minor problem unless you have a keyboard attached to your tablet.

Overall, if you like bird watching then I recommend this app.