I invested in a longer-lasting metal mop bucket prior to buying this mop with handle as I was tired of the plastic rubbish I had been buying previously. I also was tired of those mop heads you have to buy that go with those plastic buckets. I wanted to go back to a more traditional way of mopping my kitchen floor and after scouting around I chose this brown cotton mop with handle.

Excellent quality, beautifully made and the paintwork on the wooden handle was pristine. I was delighted with the look of it. In use, its great. Mops my floor well and squeezes out well in the metal bucket I bought to use with it.

Its nice going back to something similar to what my gran used to use back in the day. This feels better made than modern plastic rubbish and I feel it will last well.

Good Value and it works well. I am pleased.
on 1 May 2013
Awful. Not even deserving of one star. As stated in other reviews, the mop head falls apart and leaves fluff all over the place. The handle is cheap. There are no redeeming features and better alternatives are available at the supermarket for the same price. My mop went straight in the skip.
on 23 March 2013
I bought this for my photography studio to mop the white floor after sessions. I went with this as over the years I have lost count of how many plastic handled mops I've snapped. I need to put pressure to lift the marks that can be left but only today, the base of this mop came off. Given how much it cost, I would have expected it to last a lot longer than what may have been 5 uses to mop a 3 meter wide by 2 and a half meter long studio floor.

Disappointed!
on 11 June 2012
Good, old fashioned mop. Much preferred to the modern types or squeegy sponge things. Use it with my metal bucket too! Recommended.
on 26 April 2013
I gave this to my home help and the mop head came away from the handle within minutes and repairing it doesn't work.
on 12 February 2013
Love it, at last a good quality mop to go with the great bucket. I can now give it a good bleach once in a while like we used to years ago.
on 9 April 2013
lovely looking classic design and very handy to use. just like a classic and its an old style one that's easy to use.
on 3 April 2014
I bought this mop in January.it looked fantastic, hard wearing and sturdy. I started using it and it left white bits all over my floor's. I rinsed it many times but it continued to leave the bits. I carried on using it hoping this would stop. Nearly 3 months on and its still doing it. I'm very disappointed in this mop
on 4 August 2013
Disappointed with this buy. Mop head is great but the metal connector that links the mop to the handle is flimsy and cheap. On using the mop the whole thing came apart and the mop head was dangling from the handle with a single screw. Got a replacement which did the same. Don't waste your money.
on 5 February 2013
this mop leaves bits of cotton / fluff behind.
I imagine with lots of use it would reduce, but
in the mean time it's no good for laminate floors especially, as
the bits show up so much. The floor looks worse than
before cleaning it!