Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 24 July 2012
I bought this from "Oakita. Fine Furniture". They phoned me to arrange delivery, and it arrived on Saturday when they said (The same week I ordered it). The quality of the furniture seems very good. It looks better than similar furniture sets I've seen on the high street. Ones I've seen on the high street don't have the back support that flips up and the glass doesn't cover the entire top surface (for easy cleaning).

Note that this set isn't fully assembled. The chairs and stools are complete, but the table requires the legs to be screwed on. It's easy enough to do. I believe there were 12 screws in total and it was supplied with the necessary tool to do them up. The screws and instructions supplied with the set were in a small cloth zippered bag rather than sealed plastic - a nice touch that gives an impression of quality! You will require two people to place the glass top onto the top of the table, so bear that in mind.

At the time I ordered, the matching "Prince" parasol and cover were included with this. If they stop this offer, I'd highly recomend buying the items seperately, as they complement the set nicely (I'd consider them a must-have in fact). The cover is strong and doesn't appear cheap or plasticy. It appears to be water-resistant, but I expect if it rains heavily some water might get through. But the glass top will, no doubt, stop water getting onto the cushions below anyway (Although the cushions look like they won't mind getting wet). The parasol requires attaching to its base using supplied bolts but it is not very stable as it is. Any wind and it will fall over. You really need to purchase four 45cm square paving slabs to go around the feet - it has been designed with this in mind. You can purchase them cheaply enough from high-street DIY stores (between £8ish and £20ish for all four, depending on what quality you go for). Paving slabs are very heavy and cheap to buy, so I understand why they weren't supplied with the parasol.
on 13 June 2012
We received great customer service from Oakita. They gave exact delivery times and as one chair was slightly damaged they replaced it promptly with a Sunday delivery. This is good rattan furniture at a great price.
on 8 August 2012
I am pleased with this dining set, it looks good, is easy to store, easy to use as everything is stored under the table and the chair backs fold open. I found the bolts on the table base difficult to line up and I ended up wearing out the grooves in the holes of the base for the allen keys and resorted to pliers to do the bolts up, but it's fine when assembled. The chairs are fully assembled. I'm not so pleased that the price went down a few weeks after we bought it though. The free side parasol that we received is very large and what they didn't say is that the parasol base must be cemented to the patio otherwise you will end up flying off like mary poppins!
on 27 April 2012
we were very pleased with the rattan garden furniture we purchased. the quality was of a very high standard,just waiting for the rain to stop as its rained since furniture arrived
on 25 August 2012
Excellent product and service. The table & chairs are excellent value & quality, it was strong, sturdy and well made. There was damage to the parasol but when I contacted the seller he replied instantly and promptly sent me a new one to replace it. I would definitely use this company again. It looks lovely on our decking and admired by all that see it, Thank-you.
on 11 August 2012
Fantastic quality garden furniture, great communication from the seller, who called to arrange a delivery time and then gave a more specific time. Easy to construct the table, took about 5 mins. Furniture looks lovely and is very comfortable to use. Would buy again.
on 19 August 2015
Lovely garden furniture, comfortable and practical. The only downside is the cover which although very thick and heavy still let's the rain through as well as holding a pool of water on top! On the whole very pleased.
review image
on 17 September 2012
Excellent product & service - not that we've had much chance to use it this summer - company contacted me with delivery date, delivery guys gave instructions about unpacking and assembling the table - which was the only self assembly piece, and it was really easy to put together....unlike some other makes of rattan furniture.
on 9 May 2014
The product does exactly what we were told it would do.
The quality is better than we thought it would be.
The company Oakita did everything right including getting the item there on time.
Indeed after a late delivery off another we bought our Umbrella below off Oakita and the same there too.
on 14 June 2013
I hate flat pack furniture, so was relieved when assembly took about 15 mins. The chairs come fully assembled and the table is very easy to put together (no other tools required). It packs away very neatly as others have said with the four smaller chairs (really footrests) fitting nicely under the larger chairs and then the chairs under the table. The smaller chairs (without backs or arms) are fine and if you've got less than 8, they make a great foot stool.

Generally it's of good quality. There are small feet which can be adjusted to stop the table wobbling which is very useful. As a result it's sturdy.

The cushions are of good quality and the fabric is a neutral colour. Only real complaint is that the complimentary cover isn't really that weather proof. After heavy rain I've noticed quite a bit of moisture on the table, so during winter months it's best put it away or cover it with something a bit more robust.