on 23 November 2017
A story about love, family feuds, secrets involving three generations of women with much of the action happening in Sicily. Loved this book which was escapism at its best. The story starts by Tess inheriting a mysterious villa in Sicily from a benefactor she has never met in the country of her mother, Flavia who remains tight lipped about her past.
on 6 May 2014
I have just finished reading this and really enjoyed it, its about three generations of woman, mum,daughter and granddaughter, mum has a secret, daughter trys to find out and granddaughter well. she is just a teenager...it full of interest, with twist and turns, who do you trust? It kept me guessing why daughter had been left a beauiful Villa in Sicily, and the reasons why....? had to keep picking my kindle up, to see what happend next...nice story and well written, it makes you feel as you are in Sicily.
on 9 September 2017
I enjoyed reading this book - the descriptions of places, people and food were all so good, it transported me to the various places and countries that the characters found themselves in.
on 1 November 2017
This author writes with a passion and their knowledge of other parts of the world would lead me to believe that they might have experienced these foreign parts. Well written and the author draws you into the book with ease. Hard to put down very pleased a friend introduced me to this writer
on 31 May 2017
A superbly written book. Escapism at its best. Great likeable characters. No blood, no mayhem. Simply a lovely story. I shall be reading more by Rosanna Ley.
on 13 May 2017
Beautiful description evoking the scenery, culture and life in Sicily. The link with Sicilian food mouth watering.a story from WWII to present day
on 8 May 2017
Some books just work and this one does. Yes you can guess what happens but isn't,t this just time out for some r & r.
on 26 July 2017
It took me a bit of time to get into this book & I almost gave up on it, I'm glad I didn't as it got better as it went on.
on 20 July 2017
Loved this book.
on 4 October 2015
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. Informative about the Sicilian way of life a generation ago up to the present day with all the passion of the individual families involved. I look forward to reading more by Rosanna Ley.