on 12 September 2016
Having owned one of these cases for the past 4 years or so, I decided that I would make a claim against Snugg's "Lifetime Warranty" statement that is boldly emblazoned across the product description. The faults that I was claiming against were:

1. The elastic handle has failed and lost its elasticity and does not grip my hand so the handle is defective.

2. The stitching has failed in a couple of places and the plastic faux leather is coming away.

3. The plastic faux leather is peeling away from the case and flaking off in places

4. The case no longer turns the iPad on or off when opening or closing the case.

I wrote to Snugg asking them for clarification on the terms and conditions of their lifetime warranty. I am aware of what ware and tear is, however the failures are preventing the case from functioning on some of the key points for which I purchased the product.

Amongst the responses the latest has confirmed that basically this is not a lifetime warranty but just a short term warranty that is no different from what you would expect when buying any product. The response to my query was as follows:

"There are several attributing factors to what manufacturing issues include

It is dependent on time frame and if you do get a case with a manufacturing issue then it will usually show within the first 3 months of use, it is of course also based on our own judgement when images and additional information is sent to us

A general overview of a manufacturing issue is

Case cracking / breaking within the first couple of months of purchase

Fraying (early on)

Warping

All members of the TheSnugg team use Snugg products for all personal devices and so have an in depth knowledge of how and what happens to these cases "

The product as a whole has protected my iPad well over the past few years. I am not slating the product for what it is or for how it has lasted. It functioned well within a period I would have been happy with. My frustration is against their lifetime warranty advertising which is clearly something that they are not prepared to stand by when it comes to a claim.
20 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 August 2016
After 18 months of light home use, the leather on the case is cracked on the front fold, and flaking away on the corners. This is a shame, as I liked it. As a case it works well and protects my iPad - functional and just the right size. So a real shame it is already starting to fall apart.

However, Snugg promise you a "Lifetime Guarantee" if you register your product on their website - which I did in February 2015, upon purchase. Now, 18 months later, having contacted them to report the fact that my Snugg case really isn't going to last a lifetime, firstly, they had no record of my registering the product with them. So I sent them the email they sent me, when I registered it, under my order number. So guess what - they replied and said because I ordered it from Amazon (not Snugg directly), it isn't eligible for the Lifetime Guarantee! Yet on the registration page of their website, you can clearly choose Amazon as option for purchase platform, and it doesn't say in the T&C that it must be purchased directly from them.

Nothing like misleading your customers....
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on 26 February 2017
I bought my second Snugg case direct from Snugg as they had a Valentines Day promotion. The first case that I bought from Amazon started to fall apart after two and a half years. I didn't bother with the 'lifetime guarantee, as I had read from other reviewers that the company are less than keen to honour it!
I am quite disappointed with the new case, it was advertised as 'distressed brown leather', whilst it clearly isn't leather at all. I doubt that it will last as long as the previous one, and I shan't be buying from Snugg in the future.
4 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 24 January 2016
This is actually the 2nd one I purchased for my iPad, the first being for my wife for Christmas. Previously, we both had the official iPad cases from Apple and both developed the same problem after a year or so; the welds on the plastic seams gave way thus rendering the case useless. Very disappointed with this and trying to find a good quality replacement led me to Snugg. I was not disappointed! The quality of these cases is outstanding, the stitching is of the highest standard and fits the iPad perfectly. The colours are vibrant and fun too.

Excellent product and very competetively priced for the quality.

***Update...1/04/2016****

With regret, I am updating my review. First thing, this item is NOT leather it is PLASTIC, known as UP leather. This information is in the product description, personally I find it very misleading to advertise this product as being made of leather when it is NOT.

Secondly, I took my iPad in hand luggage on the plane, the bag was not mishandled but when I took the iPad out, I noticed as couple of chips in the plastic. My wife's has started to do the same. This leads me to conclude that the plastic "Leather" is not very hardwearing at all and is prone to coming off in small chunks.

If you want a decent leather (and I mean proper leather from a cow), then buy from Piel Frama direct in Spain, There iPad 2 cases will set you back 135 Euros inclusive post by UPS but they are exquisite, hand made to the highest quality and beautiful leather.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2016
Bought this case for my wife's iPad mini in April 2013. A premium priced product which looked good when it arrved but was it worth the premium price? It has a lifetime warranty against 'resonable' wear and tear and manufacturing defects so I was expecting the answer to be yes!
Three years on and with gentle handling (lives on the bedside table) it has worn quite badly. This is now so bad I decided to contact Snugg about the lifetime warranty and of course it appears any wear is unreasonable. I don't see the point of promoting a lifetime warranty if it is only for the lifetime of a hamster and doesn't really cover anything other than manufacturing issues which would be covered under the standard 12 month warranty. Interestingly about 6 months later I bought a Maroo case for my iPad. This was also a premium case and was only a few quid more expensive. My Maroo case dosn't get such gentle care but is showing no signs of wear whatsoever compared to it's Snugg PU companion. So if you want a case to last as long as your iPad resign yourself to buying a few Snuggs or just one real premium case.
on 7 April 2016
Error with screen that caused the cover to default to the Air 2 (which had to be returned) when I viewed the different colours, yet I had changed it to iPad 2 as otherwise you do not know about the availability, so be careful to double check.

Case arrived in original packaging and fitted well onto my iPad 2. It has a nice velcro pad inside to prevent the iPad falling back out. It is a snug fit and had the holes all in the correct place so no need to to keep moving the cover to use the headphone jack or to charge. I had to change the settings on my iPad to get the smart flip to work. Now that setting has been changed the smart flip allows my iPad to sleep and wake by opening and closing the cover. The cover protects the casing from scratches and the screen while the flap is closed. It does not come with a screen protector, that is something that if you want will need to purchase separately.

The only downside I feel that the magnet on the flap could be stronger as it can accidentally open if put in a bag or if left on its side and it slips down. If this happens while using the smart flip the open flap will use up your battery faster. I have bought another Snugg cover for my daughter's Galaxy and that one remains closed, until it is opened by hand. On the Galaxy you can feel the strength of the magnet pulling the flap closed. Might just be my iPad cover or it might just be that the iPad ones are not as strong as the Galaxy.

Either way I would recommend this cover. They come in so many different colours I am tempted to buy a couple more.
on 10 January 2017
I did buy a cover from another seller from whom I had bought before for my new iPad but it didn't work. Those illustrious people from Apple make it difficult for 3rd party suppliers to make accessories and since the last version of iPad have changed all the magnet contact positions for auto open and close. I was apprehensive about buying another online and almost bought the expensive proprietary one when I saw Snugg do I tried that. It was just perfect. Lovely fit and feel to it, and seems very strong indeed. I am very pleased.
on 7 November 2017
I bought a Snugg iPad2 cover in 2013 and it has protected my iPad ever since. I still loved the cover but due to constant use over the last 4 years it had become worn around the edges and needed replacing. When I saw Snugg were advertising a similar product with a lifetime guarantee I contacted them. The customer service team were fantastic, they replied within 24hrs and without any fuss offered to replace the cover immediately. They sent me a list of colours to choose from but as my original colour was out of stock I opted to wait.
Within 2 weeks of my initial email I had received a brand new replacement cover at no extra cost.
I can't praise the service I received from Snugg enough, especially Edgar who kept me updated right through to despatch.
This is a company that not only advertise lifetime guarantees, it also honours them.
NB. You must register for the lifetime guarantee within 90 days of purchase though.

I can't praise the service I received from Snugg enough, especially Edgar who kept me updated at every stage through to despatch.
on 28 July 2014
i originally bought a very cheap case for my iPad Air just to protect it while I decided on a more permanent alternative. The cheap one did the job for nine months, but was beginning to look very tatty. I had a Snugg case before for a previous iPad model and was very pleased with it, but wanted something slimmer for the Air. On screen, the ultra-thin case looked very similar to the cheap one I had originally bought, but came with Snugg's lifetime guarantee.

Having now fitted the case, it is indeed similar, but of a much higher quality. The cover is sturdy, and holds the iPad up in both positions without problems, and reliably puts the iPad to sleep and wakes it up. The plastic moulding on the case is just a little bit thicker, which might make all the difference for a jarring knock. The cover does not pretend to be leather like the previous one, and fingermarks show up more, but it doesn't look like it will start to fray at the edges like the cheap one.

Both cases are as slim as each other, so preserve the Air's sleek form, but there is a significant difference in weight with the Snugg case; you lose some of the lightness of the Air. You probably wouldn't want to hold this in one hand at arm's length for a long time. On the other hand, that is what is giving your iPad its protection!
on 24 August 2016
This is my second Snugg cover. Wait? What? Doesn't the cover have a lifetime guarantee. Yes, for sure, but only for faults and not for wear and tear. My first Snugg cover was used endlessly, yanked here, there and everywhere by my toddler grandson, trailed all over the country / world by me, all the while faithfully protecting my iPad for almost 4 years. I could have kept using that one, but it was beginning to look rather tatty. I had no hesitation in replacing it with another Snugg cover. I recommend these covers unconditionally.