on 29 May 2012
I can confirm that this camera case floats, even with the camera inside it, without leaking too much water too quickly. If you drop it in the ocean, as long as it's zipped shut, if you immediately grab it, all should be fine.

I know, because that happened to me. Twice. And I wasn't just being clumsy.

The little metal ring that holds the strap on is particularly flimsy. It's thin metal, and it bends easily. If you're only ever going to do things like walk around a touristy area at a sedate pace, the camera won't be swinging around much and putting extra stress on that little ring, that's probably good enough.

But if you're hiking over rougher terrain at a brisk pace, or running at the beach, or anything that will cause it to swing around or put extra stress on the little metal ring, it's just not good enough. The ring will eventually bend to the point where the strap can slip out and the camera case will fall.

The good news is that if it falls in the ocean, as long as it's zipped shut and you're quick to grab it out, the camera should be fine. Or if it falls on the ground, it is indeed shockproof (within reason - don't throw it over a cliff!).

It does fit reasonable well in a pocket, or it could be slipped into a handbag or something. So if you're not planning to hang it around your neck or something, this is fine.

It has a little pocket for a spare battery or a memory card.

I gave it two stars because of the flimsy ring to hold the strap on. If I hang my camera around my neck, I don't want it to unexpectedly fall on the ground, in the ocean, wherever. But if you're content to keep it in a pocket or a handbag, or to always be careful to not let it swing and put the ring under stress, or to replace the ring with something a little sturdier, upgrade it to four or five stars.
on 15 August 2012
This is a super little case to keep your camera safe in, after reading the reviews it helped me to make my mind up about it, I know what MG means about the ring/strap being a little flimsy and I don't think I'd have it hanging from that, if you did I would change the ring for a keyring type ring, something a bit stronger, but luckily I just wanted it for the case to keep it safe in my rucksack not to dangle off my wrist, I was surprised when I opened it that it is like hinged inside, so undo the zipper and pop the camera in, it would be a lot more fiddly without the hinges, the hinges stop the camera dropping out while undoing the zip (if you hold it the right way up, of course!) Hope that someone will find the info useful, great little case, would highly recommend it :-)
review image
on 2 March 2013
good product no doubt, but inside instead of the netting material separator, in which you can store an extra battery or SD card, a strong one would be better as then your camera and the card/battery will be protected when the case is shaken as it is it bound to when being carried around. It can get scratched or damaged...so either a good separator or a lightweight camera case cover woiuld be ideal...
on 27 October 2012
I had hoped for a hard camera case, along the lines of a case for spectacles. This case is not hard (the flat surfaces flex more like cardboard than thin metal), but will probably protect my Lumix from light knocks but not from, eg, being sat on. The DMC - SZ1 fits very nicely. I shall replace both flimsy metal rings on the strap and case with a single robust key ring (see other reviews that mention this potential problem). The strap was abraded on delivery so strength and life will be reduced. Including delivery paid UK pounds 5.50 - I don't think it's a bargain. Impressively prompt delivery.
3 years on and I think I should upgrade this from 3 to 4 star. Yes, it is a bit grubby from lying around in car, outdoor coats etc. and it does show up on the orange version I bought (more visible, less probablilty of losing it). The beefier key ring I used to replace the one supplied has been perfectly adequate. The two zip actions needed to access the camera incline me to keep one zip a bit open on a walk which can be risky. I'm not sure the flimsy nominal belt loop on the back would be easy or safe to use. This has been dropped, squashed etc (not actually trodden on or driven over) and the camera is just fine. At five and a half pds sterl. it was a good buy.
However, the position of zips and hinge implied in the black photo showing now (Dec 2015) suggests the case is configured a bit differently from the one I bought. So be aware that some of these reviews do not relate to the product exactly as illustrated
on 15 January 2013
This was bought for a lady friend's Xmas to go with the Lumix camera that I'd also bought. The camera fitted in the case well and would have proved to be very useful however my friend's son also bought her a camera . Guess which one she decided to keep ? I kept the camera for myself but unfortunately the style of the case was to my mind slightly too feminine so I returned it. The returns experience proved very easy.
on 5 December 2013
The only reason I was not pleased with this case was I bought it for the lumix camera but the camera moves around inside the case. The case is well made and has protection for a camera but not for the one I put in there..
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 February 2013
We bought this for the Lumix waterproof camera as it was recommended. It fits perfectly with no extra wasted space but there is still room for a spare memory card. It seems to be waterproof but I wouldn't leave it long in water but is nice to know in case of an accident. The zip works well and it is neat and compact.
on 15 June 2012
This is an excellent camera bag, not only functional, it is trendy too. Ideal for looking after your camera when on holiday
on 1 July 2013
I needed a case for my new camera, and this is just great for the money it was so cheap yet it looks very sturdy and very pretty, you can buy all colours and it fits my Lumix camera and seems very safe-good buy.
on 14 May 2013
The product is designed with two zips at either end which can be used independently. On my product one of the zips failed so it was useful to have both as I was able to continue using it. Many compact cameras are slim and whilst inside the case is generous I found it too much so. I cut out and inserted a small piece of foam so the camera would not move around when inside. I would class this as a generic rather than specific case for my camera model which is the Lumix? The case has brackets made of material to stop the outer hard case from over opening and makes the product inside somewhat safer, however, they can get in the way when zipping to close the case. The hard casing is fine and does the job and resistant to wear and tear despite a lot of handling, which is great. There is netting inside of the case walls for memory cards, batteries or other items you may want to secure. Overall for the price point can't complain despite a cheap look and feel.