on 7 September 2013
Upon reading all the negative comments and the relatively large number of 1 star reviews, I thought this game would be a disappointment. Yes, most of the (negative) comments are true, at least to a certain extent. Yes, Assassins Creed II was better as a story, had a better character (Ezio), and smoother gameplay. In my opinion AC II was - and still is - the best game ever !!! I got off to a bad start with AC III because it was extremely frustrating to die every time you're being attacked by a bear or a wolf (you have to press E, then A or spacebar or... etc). Until I found out you just have to press these buttons only ONCE as they appear. Since then it was really easy to kill the wild life out there. This game (AC III) is beautiful, has fantastic graphics, is very fun to play in all its aspects. It is not because it's not as good as AC II that this automatically means it is a disappointing game. For me, AC II was the Bugatti Veyron of the games - there is just no better than that. But AC III is a Ferrari Enzo. While the Enzo might be a bit less in some aspects, it does not mean it is a disappointing or dull, not in the least !! Just as for really bad games, one star is far too much, I find for this kind of games, five stars is not enough. I'd say, AC II was a 10 star (absolute maximum), AC Brotherhood was a 9 star, AC Revelations was 8 star and AC III also 8 stars. Conclusion : it is a wonderful game, don't let the negative criticism influence you too much !! Silently I hope that sometime in the future Ubisoft will create a 10-star AC episode again - maybe AC IV ?
on 4 February 2014
I've completed 58% of the game (on pc), I think that the gameplay is great. You can now hunt then sell it. I like that now there is flintlock pistols available, instead of some little thing attached to the hidden blade. I like doing the side missions, although some can be a little boring. I think that Connor is cool. I love the parkour in the trees and in the city's. I've changed the controls to be how I like them.
BUT, there is a problem with slow FPS (frames per second) at times. I've searched, and it's quite common. Some have it worse than others. For some reason my multiplayer has PS3 settings. When watching a cut-scene the sound could last a minute, but the picture would carry on for about 2 minutes. My computer has what the game said it would need. At the best times I get around 20 - 25, but some times I only get 5 - 10. I've checked, and apparently people are getting the same performance with AC4. At first I thought Ubisoft was going to fix it, but that doesn't look as if it's going to happen by now.
Overall I like the game. The only glitch is the slow FPS. But i think the gameplay is worth it. You might as well get AC4 (on ps3/4 or on x box if you have it), there's more chance of Ubisoft fixing the newer game on pc.
on 1 March 2013
this is an amazing game, i have it for the computer and the Xbox 360, there are good and bad sides to it like any game, the good this is that there is so much more that u can do, for example:-

you can climb trees
hunt and skin animals
the weapons are much better
you are able to pick lock
you are in a new setting
you get to see what it was like in america when towns where starting out
you get to run in the woodlands
you don't just play as Conner, you are able to play as his father in the beginning
there is so much more u can do as being Desmond (missions)
you learn more about the story line, and why everything is happening

but the are also some cons to go with the pros such as:-

the controls ave changed since the other assassin's creeds, not much but just enough that u may be confused to Begin with

this is a must buy product

19, female
on 30 May 2017
The first in the series to catch my eye and interested to play. ( I have been in contact with the series since the first game but passed off until this one)
on 17 April 2013
This is a good Assassin Creed. New character, new story, new age and new activities but unfortunately it comes with some drawbacks.

There are no more armors and many movements disappeared. For example, you can't grab freely an anemy. Furthermore there are many movements that are not explained ingame nor in the manual (which is inexistant). There is a lack of tutorials ingame as well. I had to check on Internet to see how double stab or how to find specific characterers.

The new system to craft is very annoying, you can craft only one item at the time and the craft GUI is not fitted for PC. You need to scroll through the whole recipes/inventories to find the one you want and the position resets each time you want to select again.

Personally, I preferred AC2.
on 19 December 2015
Very enjoyable with great graphic, even now in 2015. Not sure why some people gave this game poor reviews as I thought the story line was quite engaging and the game play and graphics were excellent.
on 15 August 2016
Some people hate this game. I love this game. I think some people have issues with Connor and his story but idk I love Connor.
on 13 October 2016
Don't buy pre-owned buy New** I just learnt you need an activation code, but mine is already used :(
on 21 January 2018
great game.
on 7 March 2014
Brilliant game & brilliant Amazon price.
Welcome to an entirely new chapter in the Assassin's Creed saga
Unleash lethal new skills and experience a stunningly realistic world created by Anvil Next, a new engine that redefines gaming.