Format: DVD|Change

on 13 July 2012
This DVD attracted me as soon as I looked at its content,cast and nature. It is a well crafted, narrated and stunningly filmed DVD David Suchet gives brilliant narration and the experts selected give real insight into the historical accuracy of the story. I have had the good fortune to visit Israel two or three times and can say this film is the best one I have ever seen to give a real feeling of what it is like to be there and experience The Jesus story. Without reservation I loved it.
on 1 December 2012
Extremely pleased with this product. Hearing and seeing what a variety of 'experts' and archaeologists have to say was of great interest. Super! Thank you for quick and safe delivery of my DVD.
on 23 March 2013
This was as expected and I fully enjoyed viewing the story of Jesus one more time- would recommend it to all.
on 30 August 2014
The Story of Jesus DVD is an absorbing mixture of dramatic re-enactment and short scholarly presentations by leading christian commentators including Tom Wright and Ben Witherington III who always have something interesting to say.

The three 5o minutes approx episodes look at the Origins of Christianity and Jesus' Birth to Baptism, Jesus' teaching and miracles and lastly Jesus' Passion and Resurrection and were all compelling viewing.

I was fascinated to see in the first episode the earliest gospel fragment from chapter 18 of St John's Gospel dealing with the confrontation of Imperial Rome with The Kingdom of God in the figures of Pilate and Jesus which was also discussed in the opening of Benedict XVI's book on Jesus of Nazareth and The Infancy Narratives which I had just started re-reading.
on 26 February 2014
This is a very interesting story, I listened closely to the narrative as there were things I didn't know about Jesus, and surely a lot more that none of us know.
Very well documented and worth the purchase for those who have doubt or are just inquisitive
on 27 June 2012
We really enjoyed watching "The Story of Jesus". It is a well produced film and the DVD we received was in perfect condition. It also arrived in good time.
on 17 December 2013
It gives a good over view of Jesus life in a dramatic but credible way for the times.
Historically very credibly.
Because I am doing a study of the bible I was attracted to this DVD. it helps.
on 24 February 2014
I'm new to Christianity and found this DVD to be very informative. It was recently filmed and includes some new & interesting findings.
on 17 May 2014
Unlike in other Jesus films, Jesus is exceptionally well cast (he actually looks like a Jew). In spite of the fact that some of the commentary is on the theologically liberal side, it is very well done and incorporates some of the latest archaeological discoveries.
I was very disappointed by this - I think I was expecting something a bit different.
As the story is well known and has spawned no end of other books and films (and even a musical thinking about it) I was hoping this might be a different take on the story - maybe even with a few surprises at the end instead of the usual false ending.
I mean loads of films have used the 'he's dead - SURPRISE no he isn't' ending in so many films, like Friday the 13th, Dracula and Halloween, that I really was thinking this would have a new twist - like maybe Jesus comes back with superpowers like that bloke in Watchmen but he just turns into a ghost like normal (spoiler alert).
I reckon the story must be due for a revamp - like Jesus comes back as a ghost like Patrick Swayze did, only Mary can't see him so he has to haunt somebody like Salome so he can talk to Mary or something - that'd work. You could even get a sequel out of it as they haven't even done that yet.
It's almost done like a docu-drama and I wasn't impressed. Hardly any action and it takes itself a bit seriously.