on 2 October 2016
A 20 track collection, of which 19 were either written or co-written by the very talented David Gates. It is his voice that you hear on songs like, `Make It With You`, `Baby I`m A Want You`, `Everything I Own`, `Guitar Man`, `Lost Without Your Love`, `If`, `It Don`t Matter To Me` and `Diary`, to name but a few.

These songs are from 1969 to 1976, 40 years ago, yet they sound as fresh as the day they were recorded. Other songs on this CD were not as popular in this country, and a few of them would not be instantly recognised as `Bread` material. They do, however, have an indefinable quality about them.

This CD is worth owning, even if it is just for the 8 tracks mentioned above. Value for money.
on 24 June 2013
A nice cross-section of Bread material, highlighting the subtle blend of folk/country/soft rock with a commercial & haunting sound which the band enjoyed particular success with in the 1970s. "Make It With You" "Baby I'm a Want You" and "Guitar Man" are probably the most familiar sounding to the casual listener like myself (check out the track samples) but you also get a selection of less familiar tracks to balance things up.

Personally I enjoy the band's folk/country sound the best, with the likes of "It Don't Matter To Me" "Too Much Love" as well as my favourite "Look What You've Done". The beautiful "Everything I Own" with it's moving lyrics and vocals is another highlight (Ken Boothe enjoyed a number 1 hit with a Reggae version of the song back in the mid-70s). All in all a good introduction to the band, and a very pleasant way to unwind & drift away. Good sound quality too.
on 24 February 2018
Bought as a present for me by my son after he purchased an Amazon voucher for me for my birthday in December 2017, as a lifelong fan of this truly amazing band this CD so much more than ticked all the right boxes for me.

Thank you so very much.
on 6 May 2012
L remember buying this album on cassette in 1970s as a teenager I loved it then and now in my 50s. I love it even more now. A beauifully crafted album and beautiful lyrics. Highly recommend this for some relaxed easy listening anytime.
on 2 April 2018
Classic great price
VINE VOICEon 17 December 2016
Probably the most played album in my vast collection,, timeless hits from a truly remarkable group!
on 16 June 2017
Brings back fond memories, Easy listening whether in the car or relaxing at home!
on 21 February 2018