on 11 May 2012
Previously using a XFX 5770 1gb, there is a noticable increase in performance, however the main reason I bought this card was for the cooler.

fan speed apparently according to GPU-Z is at 10% most of the time, idle's around 28c for me, mid 50's under load with fan still only at 10% and practically silent, at least, I can't hear the fan!

have combined it with i3, 1450 rpm gentle typhoon case fans with an ssd and the system seems completly silent, I've previously bought passive video cards, prior to the 5770 I had the gigabyte 4850 passive which was an excellent card, however you needed airflow over without it reaching silly temps, this card runs so cool its unbelievable its running! I'd rarther have a low rpm fan coupled with an excellent cooler to give that extra bit of stability.

Haven't tried oc'ing it, may do in the future, my experiance with aftermarket coolers is usally they oc much better than reference.

Would give it 5 stars if the price was lower, IMO too expensive unless your like me and love lower power draw with low heat and no noticable sound :)
VINE VOICEon 8 June 2012
Prior to fitting this, my last two computers used a Radeon HD4770, which was overclocked to 820mhz, yet still ran without a single problem. When tested (using the video stress test in Half-life 2 Lost coast) I could get 80+fps though only with anti-aliasing turned off.

First thing I did once this was fitted was to run the test - 1080, AA6, and everything else set to high - 102fps. I like this test, as it replicates a real-world experience, not an artificial in the lab type test. Weird wording but true.

Can't say anything about the sound movement, because I use a separate sound card and a set of Harmen Kardon sound sticks. Speakers built into monitors are generally tinny and lack depth.

There is another thing that I have noticed: Since fitting this card, My system temp has dropped. Idle was 26, now it's 24. Load was 50, now it's 46, though I rarely see temps exceeding 36. This is the coolest PC I've ever owned. The previous one idled at 42 and that used the same case - Antec Nine Hundred.

Now that's out of the way, what's it like in use. Every game I've played on this, has been set to High (or the equivalent) and returns 70-80fps. That includes a Sniper:Ghost warrior and Skyrim. Except Skyrim when in a snowy town still suffers from stutter, even if AA is turned off. But I am using the HD texture upgrade, so maybe I'm expecting a little too much from a relatively cheap graphics card. Once you go into the countryside, the framerate instantly increases.

I also play fight-sims. Microsoft Flight looks really good. No slowdown at low levels, fantastic looking scenery, just wish they'd give the basic models a 2d cockpit, then I'd use them.

So overall this is a great graphics card. Cool, quiet and yet gives enough performance for most games. Later in the year, I'll pick up another to try in a crossfire setup.
on 17 April 2012
In terms of overall performance, this is a very good card.Great price and already overclocked.The only thing I would advise against is using the driver CD that comes with the box.I recommend to download from the Asus website
on 8 November 2012
I have always used ASUS products, especially ASUS Motherboards in all my past build projects.
I like ASUS as they usually have a decent build quality with their products but this is just bad news as I jumped ship over to Gigabyte as a result of this faulty Item. Apart from this issue This graphics card was a Monster in terms of Size with the DirectCU technology its just a shame I was not able to use it.

The ASUS Radeon HD7770 DirectCU Graphics Card which I planned on using inside my new Bulldozer FX 8120 build was sent out within the specified time period.
The packaging in which I received the GFX Card was good, in that it should have been sufficient to have protected this item in transit but alas, this was not the case.
Everything seemed fine on visual inspection but after I inserted into my PCIe X16 slot connected HDMI and booted up, my monitor was all Pixelated showing Green and Purple Squares. I tested in another machine and tested using DVI port but still same result (Damaged/Faulty Item) This was not what I was expecting. It could have been that maybe the O.C. spec. was just too much for this chip?
Anyway, I contacted Amazon and explained the situation, they provided me with a Returns Ref#. Repacked back into original packaging and a driver came to pick the Graphics Card back up and return to Amazon for a full refund shortly there after. Kind of frustrated about damaged GFX card but relieved for no quibble refund (Thumbs up to Amazon).
on 30 May 2012
This is first GPU that I liked if we talk about dedicated GPU's. Would not go any lower then 7000 series in the future. Will explain why bellow...

Why its best?!
It is first GPU that is in full screen mode as soon as you switch your pc on (previous Nvidia/AMD) had unused borders on my 23" screen. Later when OS kicks in then its adjustable.

This is first GPU that has nearly zero power consumption when screen is off. It is not the most powerful GPU around. In fact a notch slower then previous generation but still has more then enough capacity and brings new features and is more power friendly. For most people this card will be enough for anything. More powerful card are insanely power hungry and not much better.

I went for this particular one from Asus as they make good heatsinks.

But there is on huge drawback for today. Current drivers are a little buggy for PC. One of the biggest features of this GPU is that sound can move with the screen. Theoretically. Lets say you have connected monitor and tv to this card. It should play sound through speakers that are attached to particular screen (lets say tv speakers on tv and pc speakers on monitor) so you dont have to switch sound output. Unfortunately its not working for me at present. And if you are on Linux. then forget about this GPU till 3.4 kernel comes with your distro... Current AMD drivers for this GPU on Linux are nearly useless...

There is more to this GPU. But what is above is most important to me therefore described... In my opinion. This generation of AMD series. is where they should have started... and all previous ones should be binned. Hope it only will get better...